Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

Default Re: New G Nexus owners....Happy?

Quote Originally Posted by jjshleprock View Post
    Think its more Sprint's towers than the phone. Could be wrong, but it should get better across the board soon.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Tapatalk 2
    bahahaha
    It's not Sprint and it's not going to get better soon. I've had the Verizon Nexus since it came out and the reception is horrible. It constantly drops data/wi-fi too. Supposedly 4.0.4 is going to help, but by the time that gets released to my phone, my 18 months will be up (next year) and I'll get a new phone. This phone is way too over rated.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    bahahaha
    It's not Sprint and it's not going to get better soon. I've had the Verizon Nexus since it came out and the reception is horrible. It constantly drops data/wi-fi too. Supposedly 4.0.4 is going to help, but by the time that gets released to my phone, my 18 months will be up (next year) and I'll get a new phone. This phone is way too over rated.
    I don't think 4.0.4 will help. It didn't on Sprint for a lot of people.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.

I'm still very impressed with my Gnex! I knew the battery life was going to be just ok because.....I use my phone (go figure) ALOT, so I knew what I was getting into. No dropped calls, signal is better since update, used gps it worked. Can't wait for Lte!

Sent from Alexis Nexus

Just got the phone two days ago coming from an Epic 4g Touch and I have been extremely happy. Samsung radios on the Epic 4g Touch and Nexus seem to be similar so can't complain about any abnormally low reception. I was worried about battery life but it isn't terrible either I got 11.5 hours today with 1 hour of call and 2 hours of screen on time. Only thing I miss on the Epic was i felt pictures came out a little better but not a big enough difference to call it a deal breaker.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

Wow....great feedback! Thx guys.
    I've decided to go for the evo lte....sadly the only reason is the camera is supposedly so much better..... wish the GN would have came with better camera specs, I love flashing rooms and themes and the developers for nexus devices are awesome. The number of roms /themes for the GN will be if not already huge. Higher pixels and better sensor and it would have been a no brainer for me to get the GN.

Its just nice to be able to take high quality pics with my phone rather than having to carry a dslr all the time (not that I have one to carry anyways lol), and capture those spontaneous moments.

I'm stoked everyone likes their GN, hopefully I'll like the evo late just as much and don't regret my decision.

What do u think about the new gs3?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle316 View Post
    Wow....great feedback! Thx guys.

What do u think about the new gs3?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    More TouchWiz...yuck.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by difrent7 View Post
    Just got the phone two days ago coming from an Epic 4g Touch and I have been extremely happy. Samsung radios on the Epic 4g Touch and Nexus seem to be similar so can't complain about any abnormally low reception. I was worried about battery life but it isn't terrible either I got 11.5 hours today with 1 hour of call and 2 hours of screen on time. Only thing I miss on the Epic was i felt pictures came out a little better but not a big enough difference to call it a deal breaker.
    Are you digging the all black front without any logos compared to your E4GT? That is something I loved about the GNex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Stein View Post
    Are you digging the all black front without any logos compared to your E4GT? That is something I loved about the GNex.
    Yep I used to love it on my Nexus S and now on this huge screen it is even nicer. It's also awesome when you have a black slate in front of you and a subtle notification glow when something happens on the phone.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by difrent7 View Post
    Yep I used to love it on my Nexus S and now on this huge screen it is even nicer. It's also awesome when you have a black slate in front of you and a subtle notification glow when something happens on the phone.
    One thing that seemed weird to me was that the notification light wouldn't stay on long enough and I missed a lot of item alerts that arrived. I am used to my EVO alerting me to every item until I clear the notification or access the email or sms or call application. Maybe I didn't have it set correctly.

A bit too subtle for my use, but surely something to customize. Too bad the radio signals weren't better.

I really miss the good battery life tho. Back on EVO OG and doing the plug dance.

I am using and it has been working great for me. I haven't missed any notifications.

Yeah sammy radios aren't on par with HTC but they aren't terrible for me but i am used to my Epic 4g Touch. I get about 10 hours with 1.5-2 hours of screen on and usually close to an hour of screen on time.
    Master of Time and Space

I am still very happy with my Nexus. No complaints.
    I am also happy I did not wait for the EVO.

Mav.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus 6.
    We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I just got my nexus on friday and i'm loving it so much. I wanted so long for stock android and now i will never go back lol. the screen on this phone is awesome!!!!!

I've had my Gnex a week and everything seems to work fine on it....screen is great etc. Internet speed has been a issue outside. Making calls even with 1 bar seems to come through just fine. There's pros n cons with most phones. Gnex was the best deal for us and should last a couple years just fine.

I've had mine since last Tuesday. I have no problems to report so far. No signal issues or nothing. This is by far the best phone I have ever had. The speed, screen, keyboard and stock android are amazing. The fact that it is stock ICS is the main reason why I got this. I hate what HTC, Motorola, etc. are doing to their phones by putting those ugly skins on top of stock. I was going to get the s3 but touchwiz did not sit well with me. Yea I can install a ROM to make it stock but really don't want to void my warranty nor deal with the hassle. Anyway, the phone is incredible. I'm very happy with my decision.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Rooted/Unlocked Stk 4.4.3

Quote Originally Posted by acr456 View Post
    I've had mine since last Tuesday. I have no problems to report so far. No signal issues or nothing. This is by far the best phone I have ever had. The speed, screen, keyboard and stock android are amazing. The fact that it is stock ICS is the main reason why I got this. I hate what HTC, Motorola, etc. are doing to their phones by putting those ugly skins on top of stock. I was going to get the s3 but touchwiz did not sit well with me. Yea I can install a ROM to make it stock but really don't want to void my warranty nor deal with the hassle. Anyway, the phone is incredible. I'm very happy with my decision.

Device only gets better with rooting, unlocking the bootloader, and flashing custom ROMs and kernels and themes. A phone for those who truly want to make it their own ;-)

[making a phone so big] "you can't get your hand around it"[ helps, but that] "no one's going to buy that." - Steve Jobs

The reason we [won't] make a 7-inch tablet isnt because we dont want to hit [a lower] price point, Jobs said. Its because we think the screen is too small to express the software. As a software driven company, we think about the software strategies first. - again, Steve Jobs

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Only the end of day one and I have been happy. Need a bit more time of actually using and working on the phone to see if its a true keeper. The only thing I'm worried about is its slippery and being so thin its hard to hold in certain situations but that will be fixed with an extended battery and case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    My mobile device timeline:
    Misc electronic organizers -> Cassiopeia -> palm pilot III -> m100 -> Palm Pilot VII and Zire 21 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> PPC6700 -> Treo 755p -> PPC6800 -> Palm Pro -> Palm Pre -> Samsung moment -> Samsung Epic 4g -> HTC EVO Shift 4g-> Galaxy Nexus-> EVO LTE

After two weeks I'm very happy, I've owned a Hero, Evo 4G, Evo 3D and now Nexus S, I played with the new Nexus at Sprint and would love a week with it to really play. The Evo LTE sounds good, but I am afraid of phones I can't change battery in, this is a fear I should be over. Before I was declared disabled I drove a truck with no power adapter in it, I pushed my phone daily, going through 2 or 3 batteries was the norm. Now I'm out of work it shouldn't be such an issue but old habits die hard. Plus the fact I have no income until my disability applications are approved.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by philb View Post
    After two weeks I'm very happy, I've owned a Hero, Evo 4G, Evo 3D and now Nexus S, I played with the new Nexus at Sprint and would love a week with it to really play. The Evo LTE sounds good, but I am afraid of phones I can't change battery in, this is a fear I should be over. Before I was declared disabled I drove a truck with no power adapter in it, I pushed my phone daily, going through 2 or 3 batteries was the norm. Now I'm out of work it shouldn't be such an issue but old habits die hard. Plus the fact I have no income until my disability applications are approved.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    I too am considering an evo lte but the battery is a HUGE issue for me. Granted the new eco will have the late radio built into the processor, I still don't think hat will be enough to make the battery last much longer or even the same as the gnex. Sure it's a newer phone and hardware, hut like all evos (minus the shift) they don't do well on battery due to the top end hardware. While HTC has always done me good over the years, I think this is one I'll have to pass up.

Misc electronic organizers -> Cassiopeia -> palm pilot III -> m100 -> Palm Pilot VII and Zire 21 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> PPC6700 -> Treo 755p -> PPC6800 -> Palm Pro -> Palm Pre -> Samsung moment -> Samsung Epic 4g -> HTC EVO Shift 4g-> Galaxy Nexus-> EVO LTE

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Well with my transformer and gnex I have been able to work while feeding the baby and glued to the couch with him sleeping on me. After a good bit of heavy use (wifi and 3g use)here is what my battery says:

New G Nexus owners....Happy?-uploadfromtaptalk1337609634850.jpg

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Love this phone but the radios are going to force me to return it. This is from a full charge.... New G Nexus owners....Happy?-uploadfromtaptalk1337651989469.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sphinxx View Post
    Love this phone but the radios are going to force me to return it. This is from a full charge.... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1337651989469.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	25863

So the phone has been off the charger for 4 hours and 44 minutes with the screen on for 2 hours and 8 minutes and you think that the radio is what's killing your battery? Don't get me wrong, I've ran into situations where I end up in a dead zone and it kills my battery but I've had that with every phone I've ever owned. I think your problem is more likely that you've got the screen on too much. The screen on this phone is a battery hog to say the least.

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by mranderson41 View Post
    So the phone has been off the charger for 4 hours and 44 minutes with the screen on for 2 hours and 8 minutes and you think that the radio is what's killing your battery? Don't get me wrong, I've ran into situations where I end up in a dead zone and it kills my battery but I've had that with every phone I've ever owned. I think your problem is more likely that you've got the screen on too much. The screen on this phone is a battery hog to say the least.
    No. Im saying the reason Im starting to not like the phone is the radio performance. The screen was on alot as I was trying to get the phone working in an area I have never had a problem (even my palm pre got great reception there) but was not on for even close to 2 hours. Even with the phone screen off and the phone in my pocket doing nothing it got warm from what I assume is searching for signal (even though I could barely even roam). Now I have done a few things (reset the phone, prl/profile update, battery pull for 1 min, etc) and Ill make further judgement after the gym this evening. I dont want to return this phone as I love everything about it (minus radio performance) and I can even deal with 3g only until LTE rolls out as its such a great phone.

As for screen usage well I worked on the phone ALOT more then I did in the 4.75 hour period last night during the day and got really good battery life on wifi/3g. Between email, SSH, VNC and so on I worked the phone hard and got great battery life (look at my post previous to the bad battery life one and youll see 55% screen power usage) ~15 hours with heavy use before getting a warning at ~12%. Oh and the % used doesnt convert to time, rather its just representation of what is eating power.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

No. Im saying the reason Im starting to not like the phone is the radio performance. The screen was on alot as I was trying to get the phone working in an area I have never had a problem (even my palm pre got great reception there) but was not on for even close to 2 hours. Even with the phone screen off and the phone in my pocket doing nothing it got warm from what I assume is searching for signal (even though I could barely even roam). Now I have done a few things (reset the phone, prl/profile update, battery pull for 1 min, etc) and Ill make further judgement after the gym this evening. I dont want to return this phone as I love everything about it (minus radio performance) and I can even deal with 3g only until LTE rolls out as its such a great phone.

As for screen usage well I worked on the phone ALOT more then I did in the 4.75 hour period last night during the day and got really good battery life on wifi/3g. Between email, SSH, VNC and so on I worked the phone hard and got great battery life (look at my post previous to the bad battery life one and youll see 55% screen power usage) ~15 hours with heavy use before getting a warning at ~12%. Oh and the % used doesnt convert to time, rather its just representation of what is eating power.
    Unfortunately, that is the main fault of this great phone. Poor radios. I had to return mine for the same reasons. Hope EVO is better.

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Stein View Post
    Unfortunately, that is the main fault of this great phone. Poor radios. I had to return mine for the same reasons. Hope EVO is better.
    Sadly if what I did doesnt fix the performance where I need it Ill have to suffer with the fixed battery evo lte if there is even one I can buy in a couple of days. But Im hoping what I did fixes this as I doubt the evo LTE will be available in my area anytime soon and the fixed battery is probably the most scary thing I have ever had to look forward to.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Sadly if what I did doesnt fix the performance where I need it Ill have to suffer with the fixed battery evo lte if there is even one I can buy in a couple of days. But Im hoping what I did fixes this as I doubt the evo LTE will be available in my area anytime soon and the fixed battery is probably the most scary thing I have ever had to look forward to.
    What did you fix on GNex? I did these same things multiple times... reset the phone, prl/profile update, battery pull for 1 min, etc.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast