New G Nexus owners....Happy?

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I am happy with mine, coming from a NS4G. My only gripe with it is just about every time I set it down there is like a small rattle/vibration that comes from the top of the phone. I'm not sure if anybody else has heard this, or if this is something I should be returning it/exchanging it for. I can reproduce it by gently tapping on the back of the phone above the camera. I thought it might be the back plate, but it still does it with it off. I take really good care of my things, and it hasn't been dropped, so it is a bit bothersome being a brand new device.

I can't get mine to make any rattle. I think u might want to return it just in case for down the road.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Very Happy - It's been a wild ride:

Verizon Penny Stick Phone - 1st Cell Phone Circa 2001
Nextel i60 - Due to career change
Nextel i90
Nextel i95
Nextel i730
Nextel i830
Nextel i860
Nextel i870
Nextel i880
Sprint Razr 2 - Not bad for 1st Sprint Phone
Sprint Razr VE20
Sprint Palm Pre - LOVED THIS DEVICE - waaaay easier to mod - Homebrew 4 Life
Sprint LG Optimus S - 1st Andriod what what (on a budget)
Sprint Nexus S 4G - Oh the sweet taste of Pure Googlishish
Sprint Galaxy Nexus - Never looking back
(Future) The Next Nexus

The End:cool:

Reactions: Reno Skyy

hrbngr

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking about the G Nex, but will wait for some reviews of the evo LTE. I haven't been able to determine if it will run Wimax until LTE is available. If it is only 3g until then, I might consider the G Nex, at least for future upgrade purposes.

.The Word Alive.

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been thinking about the G Nex, but will wait for some reviews of the evo LTE. I haven't been able to determine if it will run Wimax until LTE is available. If it is only 3g until then, I might consider the G Nex, at least for future upgrade purposes.

Im pretty sure it will not come with wimax, the first two LTE phones did not. I dont see why this will change for the Evo. Plus that would be an extra radio they would have to put in.

.The Word Alive.

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I am still very happy with my Nexus, today is the last day to return it and I will not be doing that. I have had Zero problems with it. My signal strength has been very good always 3-4 bars and my battery life averages about 13 hours on a charge with moderate use. I would not trade it for the Evo 4g LTE. It doesnt feel like a bigger, faster NS4G to me at all to me. Love everything about the phone.

hrbngr

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
That's what I have read to this point. So, no "4G" Wimax on the Evo LTE. Even though it is probably going to be a great phone, the G Nex might be a better option if I need something immediately. I do really like the Snapdragon S4 phones coming out, but I could probably wait for the next round w/the better Adreno graphics components, and hopefully 64gb of RAM or at least 32 w/a micro SD upgrade to 64 or 96 w/a removable battery.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Im pretty sure it will not come with wimax, the first two LTE phones did not. I dont see why this will change for the Evo. Plus that would be an extra radio they would have to put in.

Both the EVO LTE and the GNex LTE will absolutely not run on Wimax 4G. They only have 3G and LTE radios and do not have a Wimax radio.

And the GNex unfortunately struggles with 3G signal. Hoping EVO LTE does much better.

jjshleprock

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Both the EVO LTE and the GNex LTE will absolutely not run on Wimax 4G. They only have 3G and LTE radios and do not have a Wimax radio.

And the GNex unfortunately struggles with 3G signal. Hoping EVO LTE does much better.

Think its more Sprint's towers than the phone. Could be wrong, but it should get better across the board soon.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Tapatalk 2

soonerfreak

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been going back forth over returning this phone for the EVO but I am pretty sure I will be keeping it. I love the on screen buttons, pure ICS and the 32GB of on board memory.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Think its more Sprint's towers than the phone. Could be wrong, but it should get better across the board soon.

I actually don't think it's a Sprint issue at all. Read the same signal issues in the Verzion GNex forums. And signal issues with the Nexus S and GPS issues with the Galaxy SII. It's a Samsung issue that is recurring. I don't know why Sprint and Verizon keep taking these new phones from Samsung without demanding that they fix their poor radios. I wish they would, 'cause I really liked using the GNex aside from the poor 3G/wifi/GPS. Loved the sleek all black front without logos.

blz2

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

bahahaha :D
It's not Sprint and it's not going to get better soon. I've had the Verizon Nexus since it came out and the reception is horrible. It constantly drops data/wi-fi too. Supposedly 4.0.4 is going to help, but by the time that gets released to my phone, my 18 months will be up (next year) and I'll get a new phone. This phone is way too over rated.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
bahahaha :D
It's not Sprint and it's not going to get better soon. I've had the Verizon Nexus since it came out and the reception is horrible. It constantly drops data/wi-fi too. Supposedly 4.0.4 is going to help, but by the time that gets released to my phone, my 18 months will be up (next year) and I'll get a new phone. This phone is way too over rated.

I don't think 4.0.4 will help. It didn't on Sprint for a lot of people.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm still very impressed with my Gnex! I knew the battery life was going to be just ok because.....I use my phone (go figure) ALOT, so I knew what I was getting into. No dropped calls, signal is better since update, used gps it worked. Can't wait for Lte! ;)

Sent from Alexis Nexus

difrent7

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Just got the phone two days ago coming from an Epic 4g Touch and I have been extremely happy. Samsung radios on the Epic 4g Touch and Nexus seem to be similar so can't complain about any abnormally low reception. I was worried about battery life but it isn't terrible either I got 11.5 hours today with 1 hour of call and 2 hours of screen on time. Only thing I miss on the Epic was i felt pictures came out a little better but not a big enough difference to call it a deal breaker.

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Wow....great feedback! Thx guys.
I've decided to go for the evo lte....sadly the only reason is the camera is supposedly so much better..... wish the GN would have came with better camera specs, I love flashing rooms and themes and the developers for nexus devices are awesome. The number of roms /themes for the GN will be if not already huge. Higher pixels and better sensor and it would have been a no brainer for me to get the GN.

Its just nice to be able to take high quality pics with my phone rather than having to carry a dslr all the time (not that I have one to carry anyways lol), and capture those spontaneous moments.

I'm stoked everyone likes their GN, hopefully I'll like the evo late just as much and don't regret my decision.

What do u think about the new gs3?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Just got the phone two days ago coming from an Epic 4g Touch and I have been extremely happy. Samsung radios on the Epic 4g Touch and Nexus seem to be similar so can't complain about any abnormally low reception. I was worried about battery life but it isn't terrible either I got 11.5 hours today with 1 hour of call and 2 hours of screen on time. Only thing I miss on the Epic was i felt pictures came out a little better but not a big enough difference to call it a deal breaker.

Are you digging the all black front without any logos compared to your E4GT? That is something I loved about the GNex.

difrent7

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you digging the all black front without any logos compared to your E4GT? That is something I loved about the GNex.

Yep I used to love it on my Nexus S and now on this huge screen it is even nicer. It's also awesome when you have a black slate in front of you and a subtle notification glow when something happens on the phone.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Yep I used to love it on my Nexus S and now on this huge screen it is even nicer. It's also awesome when you have a black slate in front of you and a subtle notification glow when something happens on the phone.

One thing that seemed weird to me was that the notification light wouldn't stay on long enough and I missed a lot of item alerts that arrived. I am used to my EVO alerting me to every item until I clear the notification or access the email or sms or call application. Maybe I didn't have it set correctly.

A bit too subtle for my use, but surely something to customize. Too bad the radio signals weren't better.

I really miss the good battery life tho. Back on EVO OG and doing the plug dance.