New G Nexus owners....Happy?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I am still very happy with my Nexus. No complaints.
I am also happy I did not wait for the EVO. ;)

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus 6.

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I just got my nexus on friday and i'm loving it so much. I wanted so long for stock android and now i will never go back lol. the screen on this phone is awesome!!!!! :)

Destoration

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Gnex a week and everything seems to work fine on it....screen is great etc. Internet speed has been a issue outside. Making calls even with 1 bar seems to come through just fine. There's pros n cons with most phones. Gnex was the best deal for us and should last a couple years just fine.

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine since last Tuesday. I have no problems to report so far. No signal issues or nothing. This is by far the best phone I have ever had. The speed, screen, keyboard and stock android are amazing. The fact that it is stock ICS is the main reason why I got this. I hate what HTC, Motorola, etc. are doing to their phones by putting those ugly skins on top of stock. I was going to get the s3 but touchwiz did not sit well with me. Yea I can install a ROM to make it stock but really don't want to void my warranty nor deal with the hassle. Anyway, the phone is incredible. I'm very happy with my decision.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine since last Tuesday. I have no problems to report so far. No signal issues or nothing. This is by far the best phone I have ever had. The speed, screen, keyboard and stock android are amazing. The fact that it is stock ICS is the main reason why I got this. I hate what HTC, Motorola, etc. are doing to their phones by putting those ugly skins on top of stock. I was going to get the s3 but touchwiz did not sit well with me. Yea I can install a ROM to make it stock but really don't want to void my warranty nor deal with the hassle. Anyway, the phone is incredible. I'm very happy with my decision.

Device only gets better with rooting, unlocking the bootloader, and flashing custom ROMs and kernels and themes. A phone for those who truly want to make it their own ;-)

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Only the end of day one and I have been happy. Need a bit more time of actually using and working on the phone to see if its a true keeper. The only thing I'm worried about is its slippery and being so thin its hard to hold in certain situations but that will be fixed with an extended battery and case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
After two weeks I'm very happy, I've owned a Hero, Evo 4G, Evo 3D and now Nexus S, I played with the new Nexus at Sprint and would love a week with it to really play. The Evo LTE sounds good, but I am afraid of phones I can't change battery in, this is a fear I should be over. Before I was declared disabled I drove a truck with no power adapter in it, I pushed my phone daily, going through 2 or 3 batteries was the norm. Now I'm out of work it shouldn't be such an issue but old habits die hard. Plus the fact I have no income until my disability applications are approved.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
After two weeks I'm very happy, I've owned a Hero, Evo 4G, Evo 3D and now Nexus S, I played with the new Nexus at Sprint and would love a week with it to really play. The Evo LTE sounds good, but I am afraid of phones I can't change battery in, this is a fear I should be over. Before I was declared disabled I drove a truck with no power adapter in it, I pushed my phone daily, going through 2 or 3 batteries was the norm. Now I'm out of work it shouldn't be such an issue but old habits die hard. Plus the fact I have no income until my disability applications are approved.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

I too am considering an evo lte but the battery is a HUGE issue for me. Granted the new eco will have the late radio built into the processor, I still don't think hat will be enough to make the battery last much longer or even the same as the gnex. Sure it's a newer phone and hardware, hut like all evos (minus the shift) they don't do well on battery due to the top end hardware. While HTC has always done me good over the years, I think this is one I'll have to pass up.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well with my transformer and gnex I have been able to work while feeding the baby and glued to the couch with him sleeping on me. After a good bit of heavy use (wifi and 3g use)here is what my battery says:

View attachment 25821

mranderson41

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Love this phone but the radios are going to force me to return it. This is from a full charge.... View attachment 25863

So the phone has been off the charger for 4 hours and 44 minutes with the screen on for 2 hours and 8 minutes and you think that the radio is what's killing your battery? Don't get me wrong, I've ran into situations where I end up in a dead zone and it kills my battery but I've had that with every phone I've ever owned. I think your problem is more likely that you've got the screen on too much. The screen on this phone is a battery hog to say the least.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So the phone has been off the charger for 4 hours and 44 minutes with the screen on for 2 hours and 8 minutes and you think that the radio is what's killing your battery? Don't get me wrong, I've ran into situations where I end up in a dead zone and it kills my battery but I've had that with every phone I've ever owned. I think your problem is more likely that you've got the screen on too much. The screen on this phone is a battery hog to say the least.

No. Im saying the reason Im starting to not like the phone is the radio performance. The screen was on alot as I was trying to get the phone working in an area I have never had a problem (even my palm pre got great reception there) but was not on for even close to 2 hours. Even with the phone screen off and the phone in my pocket doing nothing it got warm from what I assume is searching for signal (even though I could barely even roam). Now I have done a few things (reset the phone, prl/profile update, battery pull for 1 min, etc) and Ill make further judgement after the gym this evening. I dont want to return this phone as I love everything about it (minus radio performance) and I can even deal with 3g only until LTE rolls out as its such a great phone.

As for screen usage well I worked on the phone ALOT more then I did in the 4.75 hour period last night during the day and got really good battery life on wifi/3g. Between email, SSH, VNC and so on I worked the phone hard and got great battery life (look at my post previous to the bad battery life one and youll see 55% screen power usage) ~15 hours with heavy use before getting a warning at ~12%. Oh and the % used doesnt convert to time, rather its just representation of what is eating power.

Reactions: mranderson41

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
No. Im saying the reason Im starting to not like the phone is the radio performance. The screen was on alot as I was trying to get the phone working in an area I have never had a problem (even my palm pre got great reception there) but was not on for even close to 2 hours. Even with the phone screen off and the phone in my pocket doing nothing it got warm from what I assume is searching for signal (even though I could barely even roam). Now I have done a few things (reset the phone, prl/profile update, battery pull for 1 min, etc) and Ill make further judgement after the gym this evening. I dont want to return this phone as I love everything about it (minus radio performance) and I can even deal with 3g only until LTE rolls out as its such a great phone.

As for screen usage well I worked on the phone ALOT more then I did in the 4.75 hour period last night during the day and got really good battery life on wifi/3g. Between email, SSH, VNC and so on I worked the phone hard and got great battery life (look at my post previous to the bad battery life one and youll see 55% screen power usage) ~15 hours with heavy use before getting a warning at ~12%. Oh and the % used doesnt convert to time, rather its just representation of what is eating power.

Unfortunately, that is the main fault of this great phone. Poor radios. I had to return mine for the same reasons. Hope EVO is better.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, that is the main fault of this great phone. Poor radios. I had to return mine for the same reasons. Hope EVO is better.

Sadly if what I did doesnt fix the performance where I need it Ill have to suffer with the fixed battery evo lte if there is even one I can buy in a couple of days. But Im hoping what I did fixes this as I doubt the evo LTE will be available in my area anytime soon and the fixed battery is probably the most scary thing I have ever had to look forward to.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Sadly if what I did doesnt fix the performance where I need it Ill have to suffer with the fixed battery evo lte if there is even one I can buy in a couple of days. But Im hoping what I did fixes this as I doubt the evo LTE will be available in my area anytime soon and the fixed battery is probably the most scary thing I have ever had to look forward to.

What did you fix on GNex? I did these same things multiple times... reset the phone, prl/profile update, battery pull for 1 min, etc.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
What did you fix on GNex?

It has already helped at work and home a bit, but I did:

reset phone
PRL update
Profile update
Battery out for a minute

The true test will be at the gym, although I should load my mp3s just in case the refresh doesnt work. Although after last night I doubt my phone will last with adding music playing to the list if it isnt fixed and I cannot go to airplane mode to prevent it.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well back at the gym and no dice. Cant even roam while my wifes epic 4g has a near perfect signal. Its fine most places but the place I go every afternoon I cant even roam...I think it needs to go back which really sucks as I LOVE this phone :(

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Well back at the gym and no dice. Cant even roam while my wifes epic 4g has a near perfect signal. Its fine most places but the place I go every afternoon I cant even roam...I think it needs to go back which really sucks as I LOVE this phone :(

Did you keep it or return?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca