FYI Sprint added the additional $40.00 today

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Just giving a time frame update for anyone wanting to know how long it may take.
I purchased my GNex last Sunday at Sprint and activated my Google wallet (2nd new account) within the first hour. My $10.00 was available upon activation and Sprint just added the additional $40.00 sometime today. I use Google wallet every morning to buy coffee at 7/11 and I had $5.00 left this morning after my coffee purchase. I just checked and to my surprise it took only five days :D
ad370936-64f8-e3f0.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: xdalaw

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just checked, it said $10 I swiped went back and now it says $50. Bought my phone from Sprint on Sunday. :thumbup::):thumbup:

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Why does it say unsupported device. I though sprint actually supports Google wallet? Maybe your rooted and unlocked?

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I rooted and tried to open wallet but forgot u can't access when rooted is there a workaround for that yet?

That's not true. I was rooted and bouncing between two custom roms on my Nexus S 4g and used wallet everyday. Now I'm using it on my rooted Galaxy Nexus with the stock rooted rom no problems.

jdubbletrouble

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Well tell me what I'm doin wrong cut its telling me my device isn't supported and redirecta me to the web to tell me it knows my device is rooted and Google won't support rooted devices

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Well tell me what I'm doin wrong cut its telling me my device isn't supported and redirecta me to the web to tell me it knows my device is rooted and Google won't support rooted devices

Since you're rooted I'm assuming you have CWM installed. Make sure you have a nandroid backup then delete the app, wipe cache and Dalvic cache then download wallet from the market and try again. I don't have a clue why it isn't working but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdubbletrouble

JStyles1

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Pre ordered and registered when I got the phone that Friday. Sprint, get your ish together and don't screw us!!!! You already borrowed our money from us when we pre ordered. Give us what you owe us!

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site

You're getting the "device not supported message" because you're rooted. It's Google's way of telling you that if something happens its your fault. So yes, you should still be able to use Google Wallet.

Now if you login to Google Wallet and cannt add the Google Prepaid Card, call Google Wallet and/or Money Network and have them reset your Google Wallet account.

If you're getting the "Secure Element" error message...well, you have to get a replacement as there's no fix for that.

I broke the NFC on my first Galaxy Nexus and Google Wallet woudn't work nor was Settings > More...it freezed up then force closed.

What I read is before you root and/or flash a rom, go into Google Wallet > Settings > and Erase User Data..thus resetting the app. Then after you flash a rom or unroot or root your device, set Google Wallet back up and it should work fine.

I have just rooted my 2nd Galaxy Nexus but before doing so, I cleared user data in the Google Wallet App and so far it's working perfectly.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance