Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default FYI Sprint added the additional $40.00 today

Just giving a time frame update for anyone wanting to know how long it may take.
    I purchased my GNex last Sunday at Sprint and activated my Google wallet (2nd new account) within the first hour. My $10.00 was available upon activation and Sprint just added the additional $40.00 sometime today. I use Google wallet every morning to buy coffee at 7/11 and I had $5.00 left this morning after my coffee purchase. I just checked and to my surprise it took only five days

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Don't mess with me, I haven't had my Tratonin yet.
    Thanked by:
    xdalaw 

Default Re: FYI Sprint added the additional $40.00 today

Still nothing for me. I've had it and activated since launch (or last Friday, I was lucky and got it early)

just checked my im still at $10

Just checked, it said $10 I swiped went back and now it says $50. Bought my phone from Sprint on Sunday. :thumbup::thumbup:
    ikeywatson likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by almath View Post
    Just checked, it said $10 I swiped went back and now it says $50. Bought my phone from Sprint on Sunday. :thumbup::thumbup:
    :thumbup:

Got mine today too. I got my phone Sunday when sprint opened.

I rooted and tried to open wallet but forgot u can't access when rooted is there a workaround for that yet?

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Why does it say unsupported device. I though sprint actually supports Google wallet? Maybe your rooted and unlocked?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Why does it say unsupported device. I though sprint actually supports Google wallet? Maybe your rooted and unlocked?
    Yep

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by jdubbletrouble View Post
    I rooted and tried to open wallet but forgot u can't access when rooted is there a workaround for that yet?
    That's not true. I was rooted and bouncing between two custom roms on my Nexus S 4g and used wallet everyday. Now I'm using it on my rooted Galaxy Nexus with the stock rooted rom no problems.

I preordered mine, activated on Friday, & am stuck on $10 too. I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Well tell me what I'm doin wrong cut its telling me my device isn't supported and redirecta me to the web to tell me it knows my device is rooted and Google won't support rooted devices

pre-ordered mine and activated on friday, no 40 for me...........confirming pattern!!

Picked up at store on Sunday .... 40 bucks added...

mine was bought in store on sunday no cash for me yet
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Well tell me what I'm doin wrong cut its telling me my device isn't supported and redirecta me to the web to tell me it knows my device is rooted and Google won't support rooted devices
    Since you're rooted I'm assuming you have CWM installed. Make sure you have a nandroid backup then delete the app, wipe cache and Dalvic cache then download wallet from the market and try again. I don't have a clue why it isn't working but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Thanked by:

ROM
    Black Ice/trinity kernel

Pre ordered and registered when I got the phone that Friday. Sprint, get your ish together and don't screw us!!!! You already borrowed our money from us when we pre ordered. Give us what you owe us!

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Do you need to purchase something to get the $40?

Still $10 for me.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

You're getting the "device not supported message" because you're rooted. It's Google's way of telling you that if something happens its your fault. So yes, you should still be able to use Google Wallet.

Now if you login to Google Wallet and cannt add the Google Prepaid Card, call Google Wallet and/or Money Network and have them reset your Google Wallet account.

If you're getting the "Secure Element" error message...well, you have to get a replacement as there's no fix for that.

I broke the NFC on my first Galaxy Nexus and Google Wallet woudn't work nor was Settings > More...it freezed up then force closed.

What I read is before you root and/or flash a rom, go into Google Wallet > Settings > and Erase User Data..thus resetting the app. Then after you flash a rom or unroot or root your device, set Google Wallet back up and it should work fine.

I have just rooted my 2nd Galaxy Nexus but before doing so, I cleared user data in the Google Wallet App and so far it's working perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneworrior View Post
    Since you're rooted I'm assuming you have CWM installed. Make sure you have a nandroid backup then delete the app, wipe cache and Dalvic cache then download wallet from the market and try again. I don't have a clue why it isn't working but it wouldn't hurt to try.

its not that it isnt working it just gives me the "learn more" which sends u to the web to tell u ur rooted device isnt supported at the top of the app. i dont have CWM the root method i used had me install teamwin i think its called but im sure it all works the same ill have to give that a try. so i guess my question is does rooting disable NFC?

Quote Originally Posted by plmiller0905 View Post
    You're getting the "device not supported message" because you're rooted. It's Google's way of telling you that if something happens its your fault. So yes, you should still be able to use Google Wallet.

Now if you login to Google Wallet and cannt add the Google Prepaid Card, call Google Wallet and/or Money Network and have them reset your Google Wallet account.

If you're getting the "Secure Element" error message...well, you have to get a replacement as there's no fix for that.

I broke the NFC on my first Galaxy Nexus and Google Wallet woudn't work nor was Settings > More...it freezed up then force closed.

What I read is before you root and/or flash a rom, go into Google Wallet > Settings > and Erase User Data..thus resetting the app. Then after you flash a rom or unroot or root your device, set Google Wallet back up and it should work fine.

I have just rooted my 2nd Galaxy Nexus but before doing so, I cleared user data in the Google Wallet App and so far it's working perfectly.
    so ur sayin i need to uninstall unroot, wipe, and reroot? because the app works fine its just got the "unsupported" notification at the top...but now that im looking through this thread the post from stoneworrior a few posts up says the same thing but he has recieved his extra $40

Quote Originally Posted by stoneworrior View Post
    Just giving a time frame update for anyone wanting to know how long it may take.
    I purchased my GNex last Sunday at Sprint and activated my Google wallet (2nd new account) within the first hour. My $10.00 was available upon activation and Sprint just added the additional $40.00 sometime today. I use Google wallet every morning to buy coffee at 7/11 and I had $5.00 left this morning after my coffee purchase. I just checked and to my surprise it took only five days
    Click to view quoted image

so let me ask you to get this clear... you rooted prior to receiving your $40?

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Also pre-ordered it...no soup for me!! (still at $10.00)

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

so ur sayin i need to uninstall unroot, wipe, and reroot? because the app works fine its just got the "unsupported" notification at the top...but now that im looking through this thread the post from stoneworrior a few posts up says the same thing but he has recieved his extra $40
    No...

If you're able to login to Google Wallet and add your Google Prepaid Card ..and can see how much money you have remaining, then your fine. The "unsupported device" message is just a warning that your device is rooted and if something goes wrong with G-wallet, Google will not help you.

See in my situation at first I was unable to add the Google Prepaid Card. Then a day later I got the dreadful "Secure Element" Error. The reason for my problem is that I did not wipe/erase user data from within the app itself or through settings.

So after I rooted and tried to set up G- Wallet I was presented with these errors. For an example, People explained it like trying to activate a credit card that's already been activate.

I got my 2nd Galaxy Nexus, setup G-Wallet and used it at a few places. Then I wanted to root it ...seeing that all these roms were popping up . So I opened my Google Wallet App, hit Menu button > Settings > Erase users Data/ Reset the App and went ahead and rooted. After I rooted, I setup G-Wallet without any issues. I do have the "Device is unsupported" message.

Another thing you can try is download the app Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper. What it does is temporary unroots your phone and saves a copy of your root on your SD card. Then when you want to reroot it, just open the app and click the restore root option. Since you cant be rooted to watch movies from the GoogIe Okay store, I normally use it for that

*Update*

I can verify that Voodoo OTA Root keeper works. I also downloaded Root Checker Basic from the market. And what I did was run the Voodoo app, save a copy of su/root. Hit the temporary root button. Then opened the Root Checker App and verified that I no longer had root. Which I didn't.

Then I went into the Google Wallet app and erased all user data and resetted the app. After it was done, I setup the account again and just like that, no "unsupported device" warning message and its working fine. I figure I'm gonna leave it like this until I get my $40 from Sprint/Google. After I do, I will open the Voodoo app and click the restore root button and I'll have my root back
    Current Device:
    16GB Moto G
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast