Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: phone won't show up on My Computer when plugged in via USB

Aramin, you should find the forum for your particular phone so that someone who is familiar with it can help you.

Dynia, to enable USB debugging, you first have to unlock developers options by tapping something 8 times. I'm just not sure what. I keep thinking it's the Android version but that just gives you the cute animation. You can Google "unlock developer options" to find out.

Turn on private mode in settings.

Thumbs up Re: phone won't show up on My Computer when plugged in via USB

ty..its helpful

I simply got a better quality cable ( a round one not a flat one) and the phone showed up

cheers

T

buddy. simple thing. go dial section dial x#0808# you can see usb setting. then click MTP+ADP.CLICK OK. you can see your phone on pc and all the fills too. its work for me.

What to do if the "USB computer connection" thing in Storage gives a "USB is now disconnected" toast, even when it's charging from the USB port from my laptop?

When you connect can you see the USB symbol somewhere at the top? Sometimes it may function intermittently. Had the same issue with my phone. It was charging fine though. I cleaned around the usb connection port on phone. Used a toothpick to just pick around the connectors(didn't have any small tools or anything better). The bottom portion on the connectors is way too small so just used compressed air bottle to blow out a little. The top and sides used the toothpick to clean out the dust and dirt (there was lots on my phone). Take your time and clean gently around the usb connectors on phone.

Once I did this my phone is back to normal again.

If your phone is new and not dirty most likely software issues.

Hey! I tried this but my phone still doesn't show up as a separate drive. It used to work fine earlier though. I have Moto G1, and Dell Inspiron.
    Could it be becaue I'm using my laptop in Safe Mode? Does it create a problem in connecting devices to your pc if it's in Safe Mode?

if you are using samsung go to ur device quick connect.

Thanks, *#0808# and selecting MTP + ADB did the trick!

I tried everything on my tmobile note 4 but nothing worked except this.

Awhile back I enabled developer options and after I unchecked usb debugging and rebooted the phone it would keep coming back.

I even went to app > settings > cleared cache which made the developer options disappear from the settings menu (by default developer options were hidden on my factory reset note 4).

I also tried wiping cache using volume up > home > power

For some strange reason, even though Windows properly installed the driver and detected the USB connection, the notification menu on my Note 4 would not appear for MTP.

My guess is I'm running older firmware that has a glitch (I don't want to update it for IMEI reasons).

So all I simply had to do for my Windows 7 x64 PC was download the tmobile drivers and dial *#0808# and select USB + ADB. Problem solved and thanks again!

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

i am also facing this issue

Sorry, unable to find delete button double post.

Quote Originally Posted by uthy View Post
    if you are using samsung go to ur device quick connect.
    will this work with usb or wifi?

Hey! I Found A Solution For You Guys! I Know Its 2015..But! First Plug In Your Phone Into Your PC Then Restart Your Phone...Then While Its Booting Un-Plug It And Plug It Back In Your PC Back Really Fast...And That's It! Ull See Your Phone As Storage In Couple Of Seconds! Enjoy!

Thanks buddy. It works. Cheers..
    Mahmud

I have tried that and nothing showsu

i have a dell laptop and there 3 places to plug in the cable

2 on the top left and 1 on the top right

can u please tell me which one is the correct one

because they arent working

Take your battery out for about 20 seconds. Press the start button and the button at the bottom of the screen at the same time and hold for a few seconds. The phone will start and will again communicate to your computer.

Samsung Note 4 connecting to Windows 10
    I was getting the connection sounds from both devices and my phone showed "Connected as a media device" but nothing appeared in explorer.
    Turning off power saving appears to have fixed the problem.
    > Settings > System > Battery > Tap Power saving mode
    Droidful likes this.

go in settings>developer options >uncheck the box USB debugging >restart your phone

This might be a little late but you have to unlock your phone for the computer to pick it up.

darn tootin' it was the cord. thanks!!

It Doesnt show that for me in my storage...

All you need to do with new windows 10 not detecting Android phone is, install below two KBs and restart.
    Step1. install: 'KB3010081' ---> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3010081
    Restart
    Step 2. install: 'KB3099229'---> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3099229
    Restart
    And you are done. Open My computer and you will see MTP logical drive in there.
    After one more reboot, you may see your phone model/ make as drive label.
    Thanks and enjoy!
    Rupesh Diwaker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123