phone won't show up on My Computer when plugged in via USB

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Belive me...I tried all types of drivers and nothing seems to help,not even cord switch,but i found a solution to this problem,and its way too simple and easy.When someone says "All you have to do..." he knows nothing about it and he missed the thread.
I belive i have found a solution because after my Firmware Update of Jelly Bean 4.2.2 my Telefunken tablet couldn't connect MASS Storage to PC...so i tried to reinstall my firmware so I turned it off and pressed "-"and "Switch button" and it switched on over safe mode...after i connected my USB cord it prompted me to turn on the Mass Storage...after i did it showed up on my PC!!!
!!!!Just switch on using "Safe mode" it works!!! :cool: Happy New Year!

Did you use safe mode on your PC or safe mode on your phone? I hate safe mode on the phone because when you go back all your widgets have been deleted and you have to set them all up again. It would be a pain to do that every time you needed to connect your phone to your computer.

Last edited:

Dee Asus

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I see this thread's ancient now, but as it's still turning up in the first few Google results for Android USB connection problems, I thought I'd add the solution that worked for me. I booted the phone in safe mode and enabled USB debugging.

Perfect!

I haven't checked yet, but I imagine it's still broken on regular boot. Going to root though, so...!

Dynia_Chichoty

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I see this thread's ancient now, but as it's still turning up in the first few Google results for Android USB connection problems, I thought I'd add the solution that worked for me. I booted the phone in safe mode and enabled USB debugging.

Perfect!

I haven't checked yet, but I imagine it's still broken on regular boot. Going to root though, so...!

How exactly do I enable USB debugging?

Patrick Schutte

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
The USB update from Jul 2014 did fix it for me. Going to Samsung's Web page and picking my phone was easy enough and the download took a minute the install slightly longer. Thank you.

Aramin11

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I bough LenovoVibe X2-cu. I want to see my phone on my computer, when it is plugged in via USB, but i can not . I have no USB storage application. Please, i need help. What should i do with my phone?

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Aramin, you should find the forum for your particular phone so that someone who is familiar with it can help you.

Dynia, to enable USB debugging, you first have to unlock developers options by tapping something 8 times. I'm just not sure what. I keep thinking it's the Android version but that just gives you the cute animation. You can Google "unlock developer options" to find out.

HKboy92

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
What to do if the "USB computer connection" thing in Storage gives a "USB is now disconnected" toast, even when it's charging from the USB port from my laptop?

ErhanU

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
When you connect can you see the USB symbol somewhere at the top? Sometimes it may function intermittently. Had the same issue with my phone. It was charging fine though. I cleaned around the usb connection port on phone. Used a toothpick to just pick around the connectors(didn't have any small tools or anything better). The bottom portion on the connectors is way too small so just used compressed air bottle to blow out a little. The top and sides used the toothpick to clean out the dust and dirt (there was lots on my phone). Take your time and clean gently around the usb connectors on phone.

Once I did this my phone is back to normal again.

If your phone is new and not dirty most likely software issues.

keijiTeragnes

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey! I tried this but my phone still doesn't show up as a separate drive. It used to work fine earlier though. I have Moto G1, and Dell Inspiron.
Could it be becaue I'm using my laptop in Safe Mode? Does it create a problem in connecting devices to your pc if it's in Safe Mode?

xovu

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, *#0808# and selecting MTP + ADB did the trick!

I tried everything on my tmobile note 4 but nothing worked except this.

Awhile back I enabled developer options and after I unchecked usb debugging and rebooted the phone it would keep coming back.

I even went to app > settings > cleared cache which made the developer options disappear from the settings menu (by default developer options were hidden on my factory reset note 4).

I also tried wiping cache using volume up > home > power

For some strange reason, even though Windows properly installed the driver and detected the USB connection, the notification menu on my Note 4 would not appear for MTP.

My guess is I'm running older firmware that has a glitch (I don't want to update it for IMEI reasons).

So all I simply had to do for my Windows 7 x64 PC was download the tmobile drivers and dial *#0808# and select USB + ADB. Problem solved and thanks again!

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey! I Found A Solution For You Guys! I Know Its 2015..But! First Plug In Your Phone Into Your PC Then Restart Your Phone...Then While Its Booting Un-Plug It And Plug It Back In Your PC Back Really Fast...And That's It! Ull See Your Phone As Storage In Couple Of Seconds! :) Enjoy! :p

Jobalri Rodriguez

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I have tried that and nothing showsu

i have a dell laptop and there 3 places to plug in the cable

2 on the top left and 1 on the top right

can u please tell me which one is the correct one

because they arent working

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member