phone won't show up on My Computer when plugged in via USB

Kappy8

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Take your battery out for about 20 seconds. Press the start button and the button at the bottom of the screen at the same time and hold for a few seconds. The phone will start and will again communicate to your computer.

coling13

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Note 4 connecting to Windows 10
I was getting the connection sounds from both devices and my phone showed "Connected as a media device" but nothing appeared in explorer.
Turning off power saving appears to have fixed the problem.
> Settings > System > Battery > Tap Power saving mode

Rupesh Diwaker

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
All you need to do with new windows 10 not detecting Android phone is, install below two KBs and restart.
Step1. install: 'KB3010081' ---> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3010081
Restart
Step 2. install: 'KB3099229'---> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3099229
Restart
And you are done. Open My computer and you will see MTP logical drive in there.
After one more reboot, you may see your phone model/ make as drive label.
Thanks and enjoy!
Rupesh Diwaker

SarahRuth

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Once you plug in your phone via USB, swipe down from the top where your notifications are. Tap the one that says your phone is charging. Change to the option to transfer files.

ssa109android

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
:DIf it's charging that means the wire is output only try different wires that also once u have the right wire a notification pops up click on it and it will give u options one will say transfer media then go on ur files and it should be there if this doesn't work its a software u need :-!

kenneth hbz

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
What to do if the "USB computer connection" thing in Storage gives a "USB is now disconnected" toast, even when it's charging from the USB port from my laptop?

If you're using and android phone here's what you can do...
1. Connect device to lap/pc(windows)
2. Go to "Properties" of MyComputer.
3. Select Device Manager.
4.Scroll down/search for "Portable Devices".
Here you will find some USB connection methods
5. Open any of them and a dialogue/property box should appear>select driver>select Update Driver and lo you're done... Hope it works.. It worked for me :')

wolfy270

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
hey I found a solution ,you need a original Samsung usb plug (Samsung neo ) as I have or original one for your provider ,you can also buy get a compatible new usb plug at a electronic store or Walmart .