Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: phone won't show up on My Computer when plugged in via USB

Quote Originally Posted by bDawk2016 View Post
    I know it's been some time since anyone commented on here, but I figured I'd try my luck before posting a new post. I have the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus and am having the same problem. I updated/reinstalled all the drivers, have checked/unchecked USB debugging, rebooted the phone and restarted the PC and still cannot connect. It says "Connected as a USB" and the device shows up in My Computer when connected as PTP, but does not show up when connected as MTP (even though it makes the chirp sound and says "Connected as a USB"). Is there any solution for this? Is it possible it's the USB cable? Something I disabled in My Computer?
    Is your phone unlocked when you do all of this?

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly flashed Sprint Galaxy Nexus with XenonHD

You have to use the EXACT cord that came with your phone, not just one that fits. I tried everything else but it was the cord.

Quote Originally Posted by gtibbens View Post
    You have to use the EXACT cord that came with your phone, not just one that fits. I tried everything else but it was the cord.
    That's patently NOT true! Some USB cables might be a problem - but it's usually because they're cheap as possible...

More importantly, you have to make sure that you've downloaded the correct Samsung drivers to your pc.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

when i first got my phone and connected it onto laptop it was working fine till it stopped installing my phone..
    i tried unpugging and changing setting from my phone but it still isnt working.
    ive also taken on my password but still no use can u please help ?

i cant find this in settings :/
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12