Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default phone won't show up on My Computer when plugged in via USB

worked fine pre- update.. now its not recognizing.. anything i can do?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: phone won't show up on My Computer when plugged in via USB

does anyone have a solution for this? i need to copy files to my device but i cant since my computer won't recognize the USB connection (even though the phone still charges)
    Master of Time and Space

Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging > Make sure this box is unchecked.

Mav.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus 6.
    We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Its unchecked; still not working

Reboot.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

i did. no dice. didnt have any problems until after updating FD02
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

i figured it out. i somehow swapped my galaxy nexus charger cord with a logitech one LOL. all is well now, thanks!

im having the same problem no matter what I do I can't copy files into my phone

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

If you have WiFi download air droid. beats the heck out of having to plug in the phone to the PC.

If the pins in your cable become damaged, it can prevent the phone from being recognized as a data storage device while still allowing power transmission for charging. Try another cable.

If that fails, you may be running into a driver problem or conflict on the computer.

okay i downloaded the app so how do i transferr the music on my phone to my computer into itunes or can I not do that???

mine either i plug in my nexus with the right cable but my computer doesnt even show it but it still charges what do i do
    as you cantell im upset

Quote Originally Posted by nexususer1234567 View Post
    mine either i plug in my nexus with the right cable but my computer doesnt even show it but it still charges what do i do
    as you cantell im upset
    There are two USB settings for the phone. When you plug the phone into the computer a notification shows in the bar. Click the notification and switch to the "other" USB setting. It should work then.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Unhappy Re: phone won't show up on My Computer when plugged in via USB

I am having a similar issue with my Nexus when I attempt to plug it into my new notebook (Windows 8) it will chirp and start charging but is otherwise unnoticed by my pc. However when I plug it into my desktop which is Windows 7 using the same cord it reads as a media device and charges.

You might need to download a driver for Windows8.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Quote Originally Posted by azgalorRC View Post
    worked fine pre- update.. now its not recognizing.. anything i can do?
    I just thought of something and apologize for not mentioning it sooner: if you have set up any of the various screenlock options (PIN, Pattern, Password, etc), then you will not see the Nexus4 as a drive in Windows Explorer until you unlock the phone.
    gnr_2 likes this.

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I found that Win 8 did need the driver to be installed (from samsung's site) before it allowed it to be recognized. Charging will work since the USB port will provide that current regardless of whether the PC has the driver, or not. <-- as gnr_2 said.
    One of the few drivers that actually need to be loaded. I'm thrilled that Win 8 didn't make me install drivers (and the crazy bloated installation packages for my network printers)

(also, as N4Newbie said, you will need to screen unlock your phone if it is locked)
    gnr_2 likes this.

I stumbled upon this thread because I was having the same problem. (plugged in, charging, not registering as "connected to usb".) Turns out there was a Samsung USB update a couple months back. Went to samsungs site, then to dowloands, then to software, and there it was. Downloaded it to my PC, plugged my phone in again, and it was business as usual. Thanks everyone for the help! And I hope this helps anybody still having problems!

Hi. I am facing the same problem. Dont know which software to download. Can you please share the link of the software?

Thanks.
    Thanked by:

Question Re: phone won't show up on My Computer when plugged in via USB

I am having the same problem, my phone and my pc don't recognize anything but a charge when hooking up my phone on my pc via usb cord.... my phone is not a nexus or a galaxy, and I haven't recently had an update on my phone or computer...and I dont have the setting developer options?... My phone is an HTC Inspire 4G, and all I need to do is be able to load my pictures on my phone onto my pc. I have also tried multiple usb cords, and my pc doesn't have a wifi card or Id try connecting via wifi. pls help I have tried everything i can think of. PLS HELP!!
    Last edited by VanahSunshine; 05-08-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: More information

ROM
    cyanogenmod 7.2

OK, so if you are running windows you need to make sure you have the samsung usb drivers: and you need to open up windows media player and update it. That should fix the problem, be sure to leave your device unplugged while doing these steps. To be safe just reboot your phone and computer after installing those. Report back if this worked, and if it didn't.

I know it's been some time since anyone commented on here, but I figured I'd try my luck before posting a new post. I have the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus and am having the same problem. I updated/reinstalled all the drivers, have checked/unchecked USB debugging, rebooted the phone and restarted the PC and still cannot connect. It says "Connected as a USB" and the device shows up in My Computer when connected as PTP, but does not show up when connected as MTP (even though it makes the chirp sound and says "Connected as a USB"). Is there any solution for this? Is it possible it's the USB cable? Something I disabled in My Computer?

Quote Originally Posted by dakota.breeden View Post
    OK, so if you are running windows you need to make sure you have the samsung usb drivers: and you need to open up windows media player and update it. That should fix the problem, be sure to leave your device unplugged while doing these steps. To be safe just reboot your phone and computer after installing those. Report back if this worked, and if it didn't.
    I wonder why no one has bashed you for not having a Nexus phone in this thread. Some people like to be jerks here.

Quote Originally Posted by prEvo View Post
    I wonder why no one has bashed you for not having a Nexus phone in this thread. Some people like to be jerks here.
    It is a Nexus phone, the SPH-L700 is the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. That said, I suppose we could say it's not a true Nexus device as it isn't updated directly by Google and has no AOSP support, but meh. Forums are havens for trolls though, just gotta let it roll off your back.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I ordered the spigen bounce.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast