Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Default Camera Flash Randomly Not Working

Just noticed that my camera flash just randomly stopped working. Anyone else getting this?

My flashlight app does not work either but for some reason the flash in instagram works......
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Default Re: Camera Flash Randomly Not Working

After a restart the flash still did not work, however it did work on my flashlight widget.

Even though no one encountered this problem, I thought I'd leave the solution that worked for me in case any people are Googling to get here:

The support tech had me reset the phone by taking the battery out. That did not work.

Then they had me go to Settings, Apps, All Apps, Camera.

In the camera app section, press "Clear Data".

This fixed it.
    Thanked by:

Wink Re: Camera Flash Randomly Not Working

This worked for me! Thanks so much!

This also worked for me but not until I cleared the camera data, removed the battery & then rebooted. But that was the solution

Thank you. I had the same issue, and following your instructions, I rectified it! Thanks again!

Hi im also using Galaxy Grand.. i did the same what u did.. but still my flash light is not working what can i do now....

Thank you so much! I followed the steps you listed and my flash is working again!