Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Reno Skyy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Wallet?

I was curious if anyone was using this and what their experience has been?

I looked up information on it and overall it doesn't seem like much of an advantage. From what I can tell, it appears to be nothing more than a "gift card" that you have to transfer funds from your bank to your Wallet account.

All things being equal, isn't it just simpler to keep your money in one account and swipe a card? I never forget my wallet, so tapping my phone doesn't feel like it would be a better experience and it seems like a hassle to always have to transfer and keep a balance in my Wallet account.

I might have this wrong, which is why I am posing the question in the forums, in case I am missing a practical application for this.

I get that it is faster (i.e paying for gas etc), but I guess the hassle of having to transfer funds all the time seems like a pain.

Thanks for any feedback!

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Default Re: Google Wallet?

If you have a Citi Credit card you can use that as your main use for payments.

The expressions on ppls faces is enough for me! ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    finfan4life likes this.

Where do you use it at? You just tap it at the register where you would tap a credit card? I have not looked into google wallet so I am just curios.

When I first got Google wallet on my ns4g the process was simple, tap then payment was done. Now on my gnex the wallet process isn't so smooth, takes a few minutes when it should just go through. Since I'm trying to spend my $50 I'm also finding some paypass machines not working. 50/50 on this one.

Give it time. Citi has exclusive rights for a year, which I believe is up in July and then you'll see other credit cards coming on board. It will pick up steam.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by thekid17 View Post
    Give it time. Citi has exclusive rights for a year, which I believe is up in July and then you'll see other credit cards coming on board. It will pick up steam.
    Thanks, I think I'll wait for that. I like the concept, but not worth the hassle of having to "re-load" an account by transferring funds, just to tap my phone for purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by thekid17 View Post
    I hope so. It is very limited at this point. I went through the setup process and got my $50, because it's a free $50. Once that is gone though, I really have no use for it. I like the gift and rewards cards portion of it, but the lack of retailers makes it almost useless.

I used Paypass locator to find merchandiser around me and literally no one except Champps sports and I don't need new tennis shoes or game jerseys.

Worked fine for me, free money and used it at champs. Shows where u can use it on app. Foot locker, gap, champs, anywhere with a pay pass symbol on the credit debit reader. I think its cool. I always have my phone and I have forgotten my wallet a few times but never my phone . Add cash back and we got a winner

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

MasterCard PayPass Locator

a great app to download to find locations that accept pay pass and where you can use your google wallet.

Sprint employee // Gadget Dude // Product Ambassador | Experience with Android Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, ICS, & Jelly bean.