Google Voice problems!

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I do not recommend installing google voice. It caused my phone to "screen" all calls when you answer them. Phone would ring, answer it, get a voice saying "do you want to answer or do you want to go to voicemail? Press 1 to answer." BUT most of the time, when you press 1and it dropped the call entirely. If I wanted the call to go to voicemail, I never would have answered it to begin with. Had to have Sprint tech support force the app off of my phone and then it started acting very quirky. Phone wouldn't ring at all when calls came in. Just sent to voicemail. Had to do hard reset, seems fine now. A lot of drama just to use google voice. I say skip it and stick with the regular voicemail options until they work the bugs out.

scoobdude

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
You can change this setting on the desktop page. You can also add all you contacts to the non screening list so that all other calls leave a name etc. I had this issue about a year ago and that is how I fixed it with call screening still available. You can also just turn it off completely.

Also you can turn off gv as your primary service from the desktop page as well. There are numerous other setting to adjust as well.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I've used google voice for well over a year and love it, especially the sprint integration. You just have to turn off call screening so calls will be answered right when picked up.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I LOVE GV, and i use it all the time. I spent about an hour over the weekend, setting up individual voicemail greetings for 75% of my contact list.

How nice is it to hear a personal greeting specifically to the caller:cool:

waynebeep

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE GV, and i use it all the time. I spent about an hour over the weekend, setting up individual voicemail greetings for 75% of my contact list.

How nice is it to hear a personal greeting specifically to the caller:cool:

Cool, I did not know we can do this on GV. Time to mess around with the family :p