4G LTE in Atlanta!

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm about 25 minutes north of Atlanta, and I happened to look at my notification bar and 4G was working. The speeds aren't that amazing but anything is better than the 200-600Kbps 3G.

There's a rumor of Sprint officially turning it on the 12th so maybe today is their final test.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Android Central Forums

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Sweet.

I just turned mine to "LTE/CDMA" and am still showing 3G in the bar. I am at work in Norcross.
You may have grabbed onto a tower that they are testing.

What area did you get your signal?

Mav. :cool:

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Exciting news! And cell phones don't require anything higher than what you posted for speeds.

It's all a Dog & Pony show after that. Marketing = Devil:cool:

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sweet.

I just turned mine to "LTE/CDMA" and am still showing 3G in the bar. I am at work in Norcross.
You may have grabbed onto a tower that they are testing.

What area did you get your signal?

In Alpharetta.

Exciting news! And cell phones don't require anything higher than what you posted for speeds.

It's all a Dog & Pony show after that. Marketing = Devil:cool:

The only problem is that it's only getting 10Mbps on a network with a few people on it. Imagine when the new Iphone comes out with LTE.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Here's an update of my LTE speeds. Those are all LTE except that one on the top. Not too impressive.

Also, it's been very spotty for me. Worst than Wimax, but I'm suspecting it's just part of testing.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Android Central Forums

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I stayed with sprint hoping the LTE will improve things. If this doesn't happen I'm out. This is what I am regularly getting in Los Angeles the last couple of weeks, pathetic.
42574222-9e9f-d443.jpg

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Tapatalk 2

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been on the phone with Sprints network techs over the last few weeks about the speeds in my area. They told me over the next few months (June - October) they are installing 2 brand new T1 lines to help deal with the surge of new subscribers (stupid iPhone) who use smartphones and that unlimited data. In October they are building a new tower to also ease the pain. Hopefully I'll be enjoying some LTE goodness before the years out. :cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pastert33

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I was doing work inside the Duluth Sprint store and asked the store manager about LTE. She told me that it was planned on being turned on when the network is at 40% completed. Also said that it looks to be next month sometime.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I was doing work inside the Duluth Sprint store and asked the store manager about LTE. She told me that it was planned on being turned on when the network is at 40% completed. Also said that it looks to be next month sometime.

That is good info and makes sense.
Sprint has always said that it will be "Mid-2012" and you can't get more "mid" than July.

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll be glad when they get some upgrading around the Bham area..I'm a little south of Bham, but it would be nice to hit 4g now and then, even if it isn't all the time...since I'll probably be 10 years from a better DSL speed than what I currently have (6meg), I'll have to look to cellular to give me anything faster than my home network does.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay