Im returning my nexus for another, think I just got a bad one. So do I have to unroot it first? Will they check that?
    05-31-2012 03:18 PM
    I would, you never know if they'll check or know. Plus, if you're getting a new phone you'll be setting it up anyway. I would unroot, lock it back up, and hand it to him like it's a brand new phone.
    jaescott likes this.
    05-31-2012 03:24 PM
    I brought my unlocked and rooted phone to a Sprint Corporate Store on Tuesday for exchange ( had terrible signal problems). Told the guy at the counter that I had unlocked it and rooted it. All he told me was that rooting is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. They wound up swapping the phone for a NIB one, which by the way has marginally better signal.
    06-01-2012 10:07 AM
    I brought my unlocked and rooted phone to a Sprint Corporate Store on Tuesday for exchange ( had terrible signal problems). Told the guy at the counter that I had unlocked it and rooted it. All he told me was that rooting is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. They wound up swapping the phone for a NIB one, which by the way has marginally better signal.
    That's a bit different than Verizon. Some will hint about it like it's some secret illuminati trick, others will throw down hellfire.
    Kamin likes this.
    06-01-2012 10:26 AM
    I would unroot it just to be on the safe side
    06-01-2012 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD