1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Voicemail notification??

Hey guys, I'm having trouble receiving my voicemail notification within the status bar. The VM is properly set up and I receive VMs but I have no clue if I have any that need to be heard unless I call my VM number. I've searched up and down the call settings but do not see an option to turn it on or off. Please help. Thanks.

Sent from my Awesome Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Voicemail notification??

The best thing to do is to associate a google voice number with your number and then use google for voicemail. The added benefit to this is that you now will get visual voicemail on your phone.

ROM
    JB 4.1

You don't even have to associate it with gv, just go into settings and set the option to use as voicemail and not carrier settings.......:thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Default Re: Voicemail notification??

Google Voice LITE

Set up or Remove Google voicemail fon your mobile phone

Set Up Google voicemail on your phone

Google Voice Lite lets you set up Google voicemail for your mobile phone number. You'll have all your voicemail in one place, with transcriptions, access to your past voicemails, and voicemail sharing options.

Sprint Visual Voicemail on G-Nex

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

I agree with Google Voice. I kept my number separate from Sprint integration.
    I'm not sure the pluses and minuses of integration but it works like a charm keeping them separate.

You get notifications and your voice mails are in your call log and can be played right from there. I can't even remember the last time I had to use the Google Voice application.

Sent via my Galaxy Nexus
    60% of the time, It works every time!