Compatability with Vehicle mount

Sumojam

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I want the Vehicle Mount that charges the phone and all that jazz for my cross country trip next weekend. I am looking and there appear to be 2 versions of the mount, one that says its for verizon galaxy nexus (i515) and then there is the one on googles website that says it is only for hspa+. My brother has the nexus as well, bought a vehicle mount and I noticed that when I inserted my phone the fit was VERY tight, and I even had to fool with it a bit because it would hold down the volume up button, kind of annoying...

I thought that this phone was straight from google and wouldn't be any different.

So when I purchase accessories, which ones do I get? Verizon? GSM? HSPA?

I AM CONFUSED!

eps1lon3

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
The HSPDA nexus is slimmer than either of the Verizon & Sprint variants, so they have specific accessories for that.

The Verizon & Sprint variants are equal in outer physical aspects, so accessories for Verizon's nexus should work with Sprint's nexus.

In short, only the Verizon and Sprint variants have accessories that are interchangeable (excluding the battery cover).

rwong48

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Phone calls come out the phone speaker instead of the line out, with no option to change it.. I should've discovered this earlier in reviews/videos.

Returning mine. :(

If they add an option in ICS for this, I may reconsider.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Phone calls come out the phone speaker instead of the line out, with no option to change it.. I should've discovered this earlier in reviews/videos.

Returning mine. :(

If they add an option in ICS for this, I may reconsider.

Maybe a silly question but you can use bluetooth I'm assuming with the dock correct? I use one of the bluetooth speaker phone type things that fm modulates to my car stereo since I don't have an aux input in my car.

Sent via my Galaxy Nexus
60% of the time, It works every time!