When my phone rings I have to press the number 1 first before I can answer the phone. I went through all of my settings and can't figure out what I did. Does anybody have an idea of what I did?
    06-15-2012 08:25 PM
    it's Google Voice. Go into your settings on their website (google.com/voice) and go into settings (the gear in the upper right hand corner) and then go to the "calls" tab and turn off "call screening". I'm pretty sure that should fix it, either way, I know it's one of those options.
    CardcaptorRLH85 and Mortis#AC like this.
    06-15-2012 10:28 PM
    Thanks, it worked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    06-16-2012 01:31 AM
    Thanks cause my phone start doing the same and it was annoying to keep pressing 1 to answer a call

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    06-16-2012 01:39 AM
    it's Google Voice. Go into your settings on their website (google.com/voice) and go into settings (the gear in the upper right hand corner) and then go to the "calls" tab and turn off "call screening". I'm pretty sure that should fix it, either way, I know it's one of those options.
    Thanks! This was driving me crazy
    08-25-2012 09:31 AM
    fyi - i saw a setting for this in the "GrooveIP" App settings.
    08-25-2012 05:10 PM
    When I receive a call on my Samsung Galaxy III I am forced to type "1". I looked this up on line and it says to go to google.com/voice, go into settings, then go to the "calls" tab to turn off call screening. The problem is that there is no "calls" tab. All I seeis "billing", "account", and "voice messages". There's nothing labeled "calls" that I can click to turn call screening off. Any suggestions?
    12-01-2012 08:02 AM
    When I receive a call on my Samsung Galaxy III I am forced to type "1". I looked this up on line and it says to go to google.com/voice, go into settings, then go to the "calls" tab to turn off call screening. The problem is that there is no "calls" tab. All I seeis "billing", "account", and "voice messages". There's nothing labeled "calls" that I can click to turn call screening off. Any suggestions?
    It's Under "settings" that you'll find the "calls" tab. Are you signed into the correct google account?
    12-03-2012 07:42 AM
    Its because of the Google voice. Its very simple to disable. Go to web browser and look up Google voice and go to......ill post link

12-03-2012 03:10 PM
    Deactivate call screening: https://www.google.com/voice/m/generalsettings
    CardcaptorRLH85 likes this.
    12-03-2012 03:15 PM
    This page no longer loads, either from my phone or my desktop - ??now what??

Zig
    01-07-2013 09:57 AM
    This page no longer loads, either from my phone or my desktop - ??now what??

Zig
    Go to google.com/voice and sign in. Go to Settings, than the "calls" tab. The link gets moved every so often, but logging in will always get you where you need to be.
    01-07-2013 10:12 AM
    ratsttam,

Here's a screen shot of my settings page (accessed by dropdown from the "gear" at the upper right of the prior screen); I see no "calls" tab.

Zig
    01-07-2013 10:57 AM
    ratsttam,

Here's a screen shot of my settings page (accessed by dropdown from the "gear" at the upper right of the prior screen); I see no "calls" tab.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/980355/GooglSettings.png

Zig
    That's a screenshot from a "voicemail" only one. You won't see the calls tab (and several other tabs) unless you have a google voicemail (and more options if you have it linked like I'm sure you do) number. Do you happen to have another gmail account that your phone number may be linked to? I ask because there is no call screening on the VM only...
    Bill Zigrang likes this.
    01-07-2013 11:22 AM
    Ratsttam,

You got it; that was the problem. Thanx very much.

Zig
    01-08-2013 01:43 AM
    That's all well and good but I don't have Google Voice installed on my phone! How about any suggestions now?
    01-28-2014 04:05 PM
    It doesn't have to be installed if you integrated your sprint number into google voice. It would even work if you were using a 10yr old dumb phone. Go on a computer to google.com/voice and head into the settings. Im sure youll see your number with the sprint logo next to it. If you disconnect it, it will leave your number on your phone and let you get a new number for google voice, or let your voice account be voicemail box, or even dormant if you don't plan on using it .
    01-28-2014 09:48 PM
    Thanks a lot I had the same problem and it immediately got it fixed by following your suggested procedure.
    I don't know why Google Voice has a default setting like that, it's dumb and I think that Google needs to terminate this service or have it function as good as it used to in the past.

Jason
    06-04-2015 04:50 PM
    OMG i was searching thru my phone for atlases an hour and I could not figure it out.
    Thanks for the posting on google. I was able to resolve this issue and move on with my life.

Thanks
    07-21-2015 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD