Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by mwara244 View Post
    I can't wait for my dream device the Motorola Nexus. Been praying for this for two years. All Motorola hardware and nothing but pure Android software with no skin or bloat, well minimal bloat if on verizon. I hope when Google makes the next batch of Nexus they'll include cdma devices. I read that they will give 5 companies the Nexus brand project, we have to assume Motorola is one of them.
    Have they announced the other 4 companies for the Nexus builds? I assume Moto, HTC, and samsung are in the top three.
    If they can put an actual screen on it and fix the design I'm all for it!

Sent from my TARDIS

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    If they can put an actual screen on it and fix the design I'm all for it!

Sent from my TARDIS
    And not create an oddly balanced design like the Razr...and find a high end screen to put on it..and not use any Moto software, etc, etc. They always fall short somehow, but at least they use good radios.

Sent via EVO LTE

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    I concur.
    I don't Wi-Fi very often but when I do, I have not found any problem with finding, keeping and using the signal.
    Normal Sprint 3G, but I am used to it.
    Looking forward to the 4G LTE which will be on soon.
    Vanilla ICS, no bloat, top of the list for updates.
    Best phone I ever had.
    Just my $.02

Mav.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus 6.
    "Mav doesn't often use WiFi...but when he does...he prefers GNexus. Stay thirsty my friends."

Sent via EVO LTE
    VW Maverick likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Stein View Post
    And not create an oddly balanced design like the Razr...and find a high end screen to put on it..and not use any Moto software, etc, etc. They always fall short somehow, but at least they use good radios.

Sent via EVO LTE
    I have never thought the razr looked good. The corners freak me out, sort of like ye olde pine coffins.

And the screen is rubbish, relatively speaking.

But yeah, they have signal and massive batteries...

Sent from my TARDIS

Default Re: Seriously considering Nexus devices from now on

Quote Originally Posted by kbboykin View Post
    Try OfficeSuite 6 or QuickOffice, which Google just acquired. I use all of these but dislike Documents to Go. Amazon appstore frequently discounts OfficeSuite 6 - I use it the most, especially for my professional office
    no App - Android or otherwise - can fully replace true Excel and Word on the desktop for me at the moment. i need password/encryption support, advanced formulas support, and web query support. not to mention - keeping all of the formatting intact.

an official full featured "Microsoft Office for Android" App Suite would be nice but i'm not sure we'll ever see it. Microsoft may feel it is against their best interest. but i'd probably pay up to $50 for it.

Cool Re: Seriously considering Nexus devices from now on

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Stein View Post
    "Mav doesn't often use WiFi...but when he does...he prefers the GNexus. Stay thirsty my friends."
    Thanks for the prop.

A few more:

If he were to punch you in the face, you'd have to fight off the urge to thank him.

Sharks have a week dedicated to him.

His personality is so magnetic, he is unable to carry credit cards.

His business card simply says, "I'll call you."

And of course,

His cell phone always has bars, even when riding the subway.

Mav.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

Well I just went out and got the Nexus this past Saturday. I'm just not waiting anymore. The phone is awesome! I know theres going to be rumored several new Nexus devices coming this fall. I may just pick those up too or just stick with this one. All in all I do not regret my purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion78 View Post
    Well I just went out and got the Nexus this past Saturday. I'm just not waiting anymore. The phone is awesome! I know theres going to be rumored several new Nexus devices coming this fall. I may just pick those up too or just stick with this one. All in all I do not regret my purchase.
    the OG EVO was a great, revolutionary phone for its time and it still holds up well today but IMO the G-Nex blows it away. my OG EVO sits in a drawer in case i need a backup phone. every once in a while i'll play with it but it feels really cramped, constricted, and dated compared to the G-Nex because of the smaller display, fixed capacitive buttons, Sense skin, and bloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    no App - Android or otherwise - can fully replace true Excel and Word on the desktop for me at the moment. i need password/encryption support, advanced formulas support, and web query support. not to mention - keeping all of the formatting intact.

an official full featured "Microsoft Office for Android" App Suite would be nice but i'm not sure we'll ever see it. Microsoft may feel it is against their best interest. but i'd probably pay up to $50 for it.

Yeah, I agree. I would also pay a good price for it, since I use it alot for what I do. But I won't leave Android any time soon, having come to it from Windows 6.5 (HTC Touchpro 2). I love my GNex!!

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    Thanks for the prop.

A few more:

If he were to punch you in the face, you'd have to fight off the urge to thank him.

Sharks have a week dedicated to him.

His personality is so magnetic, he is unable to carry credit cards.

His business card simply says, "I'll call you."

And of course,

His cell phone always has bars, even when riding the subway.

Mav.
    The iPhone 5 leaked blurry images of him.

Sent via EVO LTE

Here's another really bad problem. Many people have a "one-way calling" problem where suddenly the person on the other end can't hear you talk anymore. The 4.0.4 update didn't fix and it's been going on since day 1.

Issue 24019: Galaxy Nexus mutes mid-call

Otherwise it's a great Android device, but it's not much of a "phone". Not everybody seems to have this problem, but for those who do, even replacing the phone doesn't fix the problem. It seems to be related to where you use the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool-Man View Post
    Here's another really bad problem. Many people have a "one-way calling" problem where suddenly the person on the other end can't hear you talk anymore. The 4.0.4 update didn't fix and it's been going on since day 1.

Issue 24019: Galaxy Nexus mutes mid-call

Otherwise it's a great Android device, but it's not much of a "phone". Not everybody seems to have this problem, but for those who do, even replacing the phone doesn't fix the problem. It seems to be related to where you use the phone.
    i wouldn't be surprised if this "problem" is user error. like people hitting the MUTE button by accident while on the call and not realizing it. kind of like hitting the gas pedal instead of the brakes on a new Lexus and then blaming the car.
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

If Apple wins this law suit we may never see another Nexus.

Sent from my GneX via Tapatalk

ROM
    The GODZILLA Rom

Imports? ;o

Sent from my at100 using Tapatalk 2
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    If Apple wins this law suit we may never see another Nexus.

Sent from my GneX via Tapatalk
    Lmao are you serious? They may halt sales but to rid the Nexus brand altogether? That will never happen. Take a deep breath and relax. This is Google we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i wouldn't be surprised if this "problem" is user error. like people hitting the MUTE button by accident while on the call and not realizing it. kind of like hitting the gas pedal instead of the brakes on a new Lexus and then blaming the car.
    You can look at the phone when it gets into this state and it isn't muted. Also, often, the person at the other end can hear garbled stutters of sound coming from the phone...suggesting that a radio or microphone problem is to blame. Tons of people have had this problem and even the Jelly Bean update that some are downloading and installing doesn't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool-Man View Post
    You can look at the phone when it gets into this state and it isn't muted. Also, often, the person at the other end can hear garbled stutters of sound coming from the phone...suggesting that a radio or microphone problem is to blame. Tons of people have had this problem and even the Jelly Bean update that some are downloading and installing doesn't fix it.
    User error. Fingers covering microphone. You're holding it wrong.

After winning an EVO 4G LTE & using it for about a week or so I can't wait to get back to my Nexus, especially now that JB is here. I'm sticking with the NEXUS brand from here on out as well. Depending on the screen, I would probably choose between Motorola or HTC if availible. I really like Samsung but man their radios are garbage compared to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by mwara244 View Post
    I can't wait for my dream device the Motorola Nexus.
    Moto + Stock Android just reminds me of a Droid to be honest. I don't have my hopes up for a sexy beast. Too in love with curved glass as it is.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE- > HTC Evo / BB Bold > Nexus S 4G

I've had lots of Android phones and the iPhones Gnex is my favorite by far. I do have the unlocked GSM version and you can use that on any GSM carrier without having to lock yourself into a contract.

I only buy the unlocked Nexus phones, now. First to get updates. No contract. Etc.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

Quote Originally Posted by stephylee09 View Post
    I've had lots of Android phones and the iPhones Gnex is my favorite by far. I do have the unlocked GSM version and you can use that on any GSM carrier without having to lock yourself into a contract.

I only buy the unlocked Nexus phones, now. First to get updates. No contract. Etc.
    I get where you're coming from. But Sprint has unlimited and I just can't see myself leaving anytime soon. I'm a power user lol. If Sprint gets rid of that...then yeah I'm going GSM unlocked. Hell, I may still go that route once the new Nexus comes this fall. A new Nexus at a good price on the play store.....hard to pass up this time around.

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

I'm all-in on the next Nexus phone. Sick and tired of laggy updates from Sprint and the OEMs. Gotta have a better camera than the current one though. I agree that a Moto Nexus would be awesome as you'd hafta imagine support from both the carrier and manufacturer would be pristine.

Ima buy the nexus 4 unlocked

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yep. After being lied to and screwed by Motorola regarding updates, I'm Nexus only from here on out, baby!

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

Sold my evo 4g lte and got a galaxy nexus. The cameras not as good but other than that I really like it. I have my free extended battery from Sprint arriving tomorrow so hopefully that helps with the poor battery life.

I was worried about poor reception and crappy radios but so far they're not too bad. Definitely not as strong a signal as the ltevo.

Most of all, no Sense! Love stock android and while I could have loaded cm10 on the ltevo it is buggy and will always lag behind cm10 for nexus devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast