Sprint Insurance price increase!?!

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
So i just received a flier from sprint stating that insurance will increase from $8/mo to $11/mo as of june 17th 2012 for lte devices. As well a deductible increase from $100 to $150. It would have been nice of Sprint would have stated this when we bought the phone instead of 2 month later. Now we have no choice either no insurance of cough up the extra $$$. I say we call sprint and complain. also i recieved this june 22. and it says as of june 17th it goes up.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed this on my latest bill! When I bought the phone (only 3 weeks ago) I was told it would be $8, not $11.

BrianCioffi

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Ha! I know! I got it in thre mail yesterday! WTF is that all about? I, like most people, am considering canceling my insurance, but I think...nah, its only 3 bucks extra. Then i think that is exactly what Sprint is hoping for. They're like....the customers will be like, its only three bucks more...they'll pay it. Which to them, adds up to millions extra a month!!!!! W.T.F.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Is like sprints management asked themselves "how can we piss off the customers we have left?

I know increase rates on tep AGAIN

sent from my HTC One S using tapatalk! excuse any errors!

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the Evo4GLTE and when I called Sprint about the increase ,I was told that mine went from $7.00-9.00 and any phone over $580.00 retail would be $11.00. The deductible from $100.00-$150.00 really bites..:mad:

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
well I didnt get anything about it! I just got my first bill (yes im a new Sprint customer) and checked it out and it said $11 for insurance, ugh sprint! Give us LTE then charge us $3 extra for insurance

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
ASURION increased the rates. A 3rd party company.

That really doesn't matter. Asurion covers multiple carriers. So you mean to tell me they are hiking just sprint customers? And just lte devices.

Besides sprint is the carrier and they sold us the phones. They knew this information and withheld it until after launch and after the return window.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jedininjafication

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
That really doesn't matter. Asurion covers multiple carriers. So you mean to tell me they are hiking just sprint customers? And just lte devices.

Besides sprint is the carrier and they sold us the phones. They knew this information and withheld it until after launch and after the return window.

Sprint told me when i returned to them two months ago

jedininjafication

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
They told you before you bought your phone and before the return period

yes. I went in to pay an outstanding Bill from 2 years ago and restart service. the sales rep told me when i got my phone.

jedininjafication

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
well I didnt get anything about it! I just got my first bill (yes im a new Sprint customer) and checked it out and it said $11 for insurance, ugh sprint! Give us LTE then charge us $3 extra for insurance

And just so you know, you can legally break contract with them without having to pay early termination fee due to the increase. Sprint terms of service fine print. THEY broke contact because that's not the agreement you had when started service. You have thirty days from the date of that Bill to call and cancel. They will give you i believe thirty days to find new service. This applies even if they raise the bill by a single penny. i believe you will initially get billed the early termination fee but then it gets removed.

jedininjafication

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
So i just received a flier from sprint stating that insurance will increase from $8/mo to $11/mo as of june 17th 2012 for lte devices. As well a deductible increase from $100 to $150. It would have been nice of Sprint would have stated this when we bought the phone instead of 2 month later. Now we have no choice either no insurance of cough up the extra $$$. I say we call sprint and complain. also i recieved this june 22. and it says as of june 17th it goes up.

See my last post.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
And just so you know, you can legally break contract with them without having to pay early termination fee due to the increase. Sprint terms of service fine print. THEY broke contact because that's not the agreement you had when started service. You have thirty days from the date of that Bill to call and cancel. They will give you i believe thirty days to find new service. This applies even if they raise the bill by a single penny. i believe you will initially get billed the early termination fee but then it gets removed.

But technically this isn't part of your bill its an add on . So Idk if that applies.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
If you truly believe that and can get out of contract ETF free based solely on the TEP increase, all power to you.

Sorry. I should have been more clear. I didn't mean that I disagree that you can't get out of the ETF. I meant that it's messed up that you can't get out of the ETF.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
ah, ok. I thought you meant that it was possible to get out of contract ETF free based on this rate increase. Thanks for clarifying :)