Any of the ebay extended battery backs actually work for Sprints?

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone found a seller thats extended battery back actually fits the Sprint model? Many claim it, but after messaging them, they say they havent tested it, and I know its just the verizon model with the incorrect tabs.

One seller i did buy from, I notified him it didnt fit, then he tested it and refunded me my $ and I have a good battery, but no back that fits.

If anyone can refer me to a legit fitting back at a fair cost I'd appreciate it!

Thanks
-Ryan

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Any of the ebay extended battery backs actually work for Spri

I don't know of anyone who has a back for sale by itself.

The Seidio line of 3800mAh extended batteries have been working perfectly for me.

I got one along with the matching case off Amazon. They both are available on eBay and elsewhere.

Battery with back:

Amazon.com: Seidio BACY38SSGNLN-BK Innocell 3800mAh Super Extended Life Battery for Use with Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE with NFC - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

It fits perfectly. I got one with NFC, but it is also available without.
I can get a good 1.5-2 days without needing a charge, depending on use.

Matching case:

Amazon.com: Seidio CSR2SSGNLX2-BK SURFACE Extended Case for Seidio Innocell 3800mAh Extended Life Battery for Samsung Galaxy Nexus (LTE) - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I highly recommend it.

Mav. :cool:

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Thanks. I was hoping someone on ebay would release a $20 version for the battery and back (like the verizon ones), but I may have to go with the seidio. They always send out coupons for 10% off and free shipping when I dont want them. Now I dont see any recent emails from them. haha figures. Maybe I can find a code online.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for an extended battery but the 3800mA one is way too thick for me. I'm thinking if getting the Verizon 2100mA one and cutting the tabs. The back will be covered by the case anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I bought the 2100mah extended battery from Verizon for $25. And it actually fits with the stock Sprint battery cover except on the right side, two of the tabs can't close. It's not too noticeable, but I bought a Cruzer Lite case and now I can't tell at all.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 2100mah extended battery from Verizon for $25. And it actually fits with the stock Sprint battery cover except on the right side, two of the tabs can't close. It's not too noticeable, but I bought a Cruzer Lite case and now I can't tell at all.

Thanks for the info. I have a Seidio Active case with kickstand, so a couple of clips not snapping isn't a big deal to me. I don't have the Seidio Active for the 2100mA battery but I heard this one fits. If it doesn't, I'll return this one and get the other.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles