Sprint GNex activated, no sms (texting)

alexandercase

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Activated used galaxy nexus on sprint, data and calls work, won't send or receive any text messages. Says that they send but doesn't ever get to the other phone and vice versa. Doesn't give any sort of error message, just says sent and a time stamp. Called sprint 2 times and they said that it was a nationwide outage..? Seems unlikely.

Anyone else having issues with newly activated phones from sprint??

yellar

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem when I got mine. Called sprint and they said they reset some stuff, had me do a battery pull. Still wasn't working so they had me turn of my wifi even tho I was connected to it at home and it started working. Has worked ever since even with the wifi on. Don't know what caused it or why it works. I have loaded different roms loaded stock from odin, locked and unlocked my boot loader 3 or 4 times and never had any issues except the first day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gnexusrob

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah im having the same issue ... data,voice calls and everything works ,except sms ... called sprint customer care and tech support like 10x now..issued me tickets to take it in to sprint and they said "its not the phone,its the network" which is bs... im getting a replacement next week tho..we will see if that works... if not then im stuck with justg emails and google talk messaging,,,