Preferred method of root

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I just picked up one of these GNex, I came over from the ns4g. I rooted that with one click root. What's everyone using on this device?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I use WugFresh's Toolkit. Looks like it does everything you'd need. Unlock, root, apk install, backup/restore, etc...

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Used Wugs to install the drivers, from there I busted out the fastboot commands and flashed TWRP recovery and then followed up with flashing SU.

However I don't think we can use Wugs to restore to stock since there isn't any official factory images from Google. For this Google ACS Syndicate's "ShabbyPenguin's" guide/tutorial for using Odin to restore to stock. He also has factory images that I believe he hand crafted.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Used Wugs to install the drivers, from there I busted out the fastboot commands and flashed TWRP recovery and then followed up with flashing SU.

However I don't think we can use Wugs to restore to stock since there isn't any official factory images from Google. For this Google ACS Syndicate's "ShabbyPenguin's" guide/tutorial for using Odin to restore to stock. He also has factory images that I believe he hand crafted.

If you try to use Wug's tool to restore to stock, it pulls a file from somewhere (FD02). Seems to work just fine. ACS has a ODIN Tar file for FC12 and FD02. It was one of the many ways I've tried to restore my stock recovery!

Reactions: Paul627g

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
If you know the very basics of rooting you dont even have to use rooting tool and follow guid to do it... Rooting is same for pretty much all Nexus devices... I root my devices myself by downloading superuser file from official website and some quick fastboot commands.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I believe Wugs put together something for you guys. Not official images, but more like an unofficial nandroid type thing to restore.

All root is is an application and a binary. That's all. Flash a zip or flash a rooted rom and boom, permissions allowed :).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Paul627g

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz