Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: Free Battery! Nexus only

the Diztronic TPU case fits great with the Extended Battery. only $9-$10 and great quality! a few colors to choose from. i personally like the High Gloss Black -

Free Battery!  Nexus only-prm_tpu_blk_az.jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Free Battery!  Nexus only-prm_dm_blk_az.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.

Ooooo, I like the symbol.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    the Diztronic TPU case fits great with the Extended Battery. only $9-$10 and great quality! a few colors to choose from. i personally like the High Gloss Black -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prm_tpu_blk_az.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	37747

Where do you get these cases?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    msndrstood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DIPNINANOUT View Post
    Where do you get these cases?

see link below pic -

I use the OtterBox Defender for my Galaxy Nexus. Yeah, it costs $50, but it works. A quick story: The Defender includes a belt holster, which I managed to lose. I emailed OtterBox asking the cost for me to replace just the holster. About 5 minutes later a response email popped up with a No Charge invoice for a whole new case/holster! I called their customer service just to verify what I was seeing was true. Yep, they replaced it because I lost it. It is a USA company, Ft. Collins, CO with customer service reps whose first language is English.
    OtterBox, on a previous phone, protected it when I dropped it onto a concrete drive from the top of a ladder, and on another occasion when slammed the hood of a car on my phone. The hood bounced back up and left no mark whatsoever on the phone or case. It costs more, but with my history, I need the best.

Thank you all who have posted here. If it were not for this thread I would have paid in full for an extra battery. Even though I did not get my GNex from Sprint (craigslist), the sales rep over the phone was extremely helpful in ordering the battery for me. Only paid shipping. Of course I did not mention how I got the phone, just that I had it activated last month at a store and was not aware of the promotion. It wasn't a lie, just not telling the whole truth . She did not ask how I got it anyway so no harm done. Now as soon as I get my pogo pins from Hong Kong, I'll be making my own landscape desktop dock. Too bad I couldn't get Sammy's for free too.

Quote Originally Posted by zeigan View Post
    Thank you all who have posted here. If it were not for this thread I would have paid in full for an extra battery. Even though I did not get my GNex from Sprint (craigslist), the sales rep over the phone was extremely helpful in ordering the battery for me. Only paid shipping. Of course I did not mention how I got the phone, just that I had it activated last month at a store and was not aware of the promotion. It wasn't a lie, just not telling the whole truth . She did not ask how I got it anyway so no harm done. Now as soon as I get my pogo pins from Hong Kong, I'll be making my own landscape desktop dock. Too bad I couldn't get Sammy's for free too.
    Sprint actually doesn't care where you got your phone from. It's sprint branded, and valid on your account. As long as you didn't tell them you found it on the street, it's all good
    Check your bill, you'll most likely see a credit for what you paid for shipping. Even better deal than we thought.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...

Bought both my wife and my Nexus on Amazon Wireless ($50 right now for an upgrade) called Sprint and they sent me two for the $14, was sent next day air. Waiting to get home from a business trip now so I can try it out an hopefully make it more than 5 hours on a charge.

I had that case and I Didnt like the screen cover so I bought a screen armour from online and I Aldo bought a sedio active case because it fits with extended battery.

I just got mine in the mail.. I like the way it feels.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Still a good offer!

I just got my Galaxy Nexus yesterday, got a good deal through bestbuy, and after perusing the forums and seeing everyone talking about the battery, I figured I would give it a shot. Two calls later, my extended battery is on its way for right at $14 with shipping and taxes.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
    You can try this out to get free shipping (5-9 days)

* Go to
    * Enter Russ McGuire's information (russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com / 383 - from his blog)
    * Navigate to accessories and add the battery pack
    * Enter promo code BATTERY1
    * Check out (at this point, it may ask you for zipcode, and if it does, enter it - and then, instead of selecting a phone, navigate to accessories and re-add the battery pack (and enter the promo code BATTERY1)
    * Check out - total should be free, and shipping should be free too. You will need to enter a credit card though. (also will need to re-enter the employee information - above)

Will it get processed or canceled? I don't know. I tried it and got a confirmation Email. Hopefully it will ship. If not, hopefully I will get the one I ordered from telesales yesterday.
    This worked for me: $7.86. Thanks! Hopefully it gets shipped. We'll see.

Update: it shipped! It'll be here in 3 days.
    Last edited by Derek_B; 10-11-2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Update
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

I ended up with 3 of the batteries. got my first one when the promo began. two weeks later I bought my Son a Gnex and called to get the extended battery for his. the sales person said, looks like you have 2 galaxy nexus on your account? I replied "Yes" and they said "we will be shipping you two of the batteries."

I saw no reason to argue with them that I had only called for one.

That is the procedure I used, shipping was $6.50. For some reason they sent me two of the batteries with covers. I'm not complaining

I got mine. Shipping was $12, but oh well. Sales didn't want to give it to me because I got my GNex from Amazon ($49.99 at the moment), but retentions talked them into it.

The extended back is needed, but it's hardly a different, so if I ever decide on a cover, I don't expect it to be an issue (I'll still probably check first though). I usually dislike covers though.

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    I got mine. Shipping was $12, but oh well. Sales didn't want to give it to me because I got my GNex from Amazon ($49.99 at the moment), but retentions talked them into it.

The extended back is needed, but it's hardly a different, so if I ever decide on a cover, I don't expect it to be an issue (I'll still probably check first though). I usually dislike covers though.
    I got my phone from Amazon too and I didn't have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_J View Post
    I got my phone from Amazon too and I didn't have a problem.

When did you do it? The promotion apparently ended almost 2 weeks ago.

I used the procedure Dereck_B mentions above and got two batteries w/backs a couple of days ago ... so it ain't over yet

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

Hyperion 3500 with back 14.99 + shipping total 20.00

Amazon

I just ordered one it all went through. See if it arrives.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

I got my free battery a few days ago however it did cost me like 14 bucks for shipping which is pretty ridiculous.

Anyways the battery does last noticeably longer than the stock 1850 though don't expect any miracles.

I went for a run yesterday listening to spotify (offline) and using endomondo run tracker. Battery was fully charged when I left and after about 1 hr 30 min it was down to 65%. The rub tracker uses GPS but still that's a huge drain in such a short time.

I will get used to it and will start carrying an extra battery.

Just wanted to chime in, I also used Dereck_B's procedure. I ordered last Tuesday, picked the cheapest shipping, and it was here on Friday. I have definitely noticed a difference. Took my phone off the charger ~ 9AM Saturday and around 1PM yesterday (~28 hours) I still had 40%. It's well worth it, in my eyes. Bought it from Swappa, so I don't think it matters where you got it from.
    Last edited by randy p; 11-01-2012 at 10:13 PM.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Ordered mine today! Thanks to Derek_B's technique. Perfect walk-through. $7.49 shipping.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

This still works. I ordered mind on Oct.29 and got it today $8 for shipping. Thank you

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Yep, still works. Got mine yesterday.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    Sent from 'Just Over The Line' with my Galaxy Nexus
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast