Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: Free Battery! Nexus only

Does anyone know if this is still going on?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    Does anyone know if this is still going on?
    According to the product details page for the GNex on sprint.com, it's still going on "while supplies last."

I called Sprint and got a new extended battery shipped to me for only the cost of shipping! I didn't even purchase the GNEX at a Sprint store . Thanks for the info!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Yup this offer is still alive and well. Just ordered another one as a backup. Only had to pay shipping. Something to note. Call them to order. Looks like u have to upgrade or add a line if u try this online. I'm sure someone has already mentioned this though.

Sent from my phone that's better than yours.
    Thanked by:

Anyone else have these battery's die within a very short time? Both mine and my wife's have stopped recharging within months of getting them!

Quote Originally Posted by skypilotks View Post
    Anyone else have these battery's die within a very short time? Both mine and my wife's have stopped recharging within months of getting them!
    Don't know, but sprint is giving them away like candy. They will overnight you two per phone. I just got two.

flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    Don't know, but sprint is giving them away like candy. They will overnight you two per phone. I just got two.

I just ordered my nexus Friday and it comes with the extra battery. Are they still giving them away to everyone?

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    I just ordered my nexus Friday and it comes with the extra battery. Are they still giving them away to everyone?

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep. I didn't even have mine, and I told them I needed 2 batteries, and the guy said "how about a screen protector and car charger?" unfortunately I'd already ordered screen protectors.

I just picked up a GNex on ebay since I'm not eligible for an upgrade until Sept.

Anyone know if I would be eligible for the free battery??
    Mine- Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2);
    AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.

You have an active Galaxy Nexus on your Sprint service, you are eligible. However, it's relatively old news now and may not be a valid offer any longer. Call customer care and ask!
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...

I just posted a few days ago that it is still good. :what:

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

According to my account online, the offer is still good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean 4.2.1
    Previous Devices: HTC Evo Shift 4G & iPhone 3GS 16GB

I chatted with "Jessica" at sprint.com today to try to get my free battery. She told me to call Telesales. I called & spoke to "Walter" who told me the offer was no longer valid & the battery is now $49.99. I argued that it is still showing on their web site so they should still honor it. He babbled some garbage that they are having issues with updating their site. He transferred me to an accounts manager (wrong department) so she transferred me to another sales rep. She told me that since they do not show a record of the phone ever being purchased for me that they can not honor the offer. She told me to go back to the retailer where I purchased the phone & get the battery from them since it is a bundle. I guess since I bought the phone used on ebay then I am screwed.
    Mine- Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2);
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)

Quote Originally Posted by prolongExistence View Post
    I chatted with "Jessica" at sprint.com today to try to get my free battery. She told me to call Telesales. I called & spoke to "Walter" who told me the offer was no longer valid & the battery is now $49.99. I argued that it is still showing on their web site so they should still honor it. He babbled some garbage that they are having issues with updating their site. He transferred me to an accounts manager (wrong department) so she transferred me to another sales rep. She told me that since they do not show a record of the phone ever being purchased for me that they can not honor the offer. She told me to go back to the retailer where I purchased the phone & get the battery from them since it is a bundle. I guess since I bought the phone used on ebay then I am screwed.
    In also bought my phone off ebay and it took me two tries to get the free battery. I would call back if I were you. All depends on the person you get.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Just do it online. Ive ordered 2 and I own a Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Google slickdeals free sprint Nexus battery. Follow the thread there.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by wade_county View Post
    Just do it online. Ive ordered 2 and I own a Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Google slickdeals free sprint Nexus battery. Follow the thread there.
    You are awesome!!! Worked perfectly. Only cost me $7.77 ($6.50 shipping + $1.27 tax).

Works great thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Works great thank you
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678