Free Battery! Nexus only

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Got my free battery! Thank you sprint. My bill was delinquent so I had to pay the past due amount. Lol but the sprint rep was awesome and waived the shipping for me! So completely free extended battery yeaaaaa!

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My GNex is deactivated while I test my S3, got a conf number and charge on my credit card, it have yet to get a confirmatory email. I ordered at 8:30 am today. Do you think Sprint will cancel my order?

mled203

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
So after multiple attempts I gave up, but a lady just called me saying she had the wrong information and I got my battery for free!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Telesales won't give me one due to a balance they JUST charged us a few days ago. Gonna try online.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
1st attempt over the phone, no luck - said i need to buy the phone at the same time.

Attempting again.:p

Success Order by phone 1-866-866-7509 - Telesales - Option for 'other', then options for Phone/Accessory purchase.

Simply said i wanted to take advantage of battery bundle online for my Galaxy Nexus, they did the rest. Cost me $14.04, which is shipping + Tax.

Work through your frustration if you don't succeed the first time, NOT REPS FAULT, the items clearly states you have to BUY PHONE at the time of battery purchase, so we are technically circumventing the system to our advantage here.

No excuses "i would have waited for the promo" that's BS, this phone came out months ago, we don't sit around waiting for accessories to go on sale to buy a phone, so don't give the reps any if they don't cooperate the first time around. Just sayin.:cool:

Enjoy!;)

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You can try this out to get free shipping (5-9 days)

* Go to Sprint | Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program
* Enter Russ McGuire's information (russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com / 383 - from his blog)
* Navigate to accessories and add the battery pack
* Enter promo code BATTERY1
* Check out (at this point, it may ask you for zipcode, and if it does, enter it - and then, instead of selecting a phone, navigate to accessories and re-add the battery pack (and enter the promo code BATTERY1)
* Check out - total should be free, and shipping should be free too. You will need to enter a credit card though. (also will need to re-enter the employee information - above)

Will it get processed or canceled? I don't know. I tried it and got a confirmation Email. Hopefully it will ship. If not, hopefully I will get the one I ordered from telesales yesterday.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Had to pay my couple day past due balance (OOPS! I always forget when it's due). Website kept redirecting me to the "buy a phone" page, but the "info center" said that I qualified for the battery, following the link that was there. Tried to add a phone than remove it. Gave up and called *2. The rep "had heard of it" but didn't know any details about it, than asked when I got my nexus, which was within the past 2 weeks. Tax + Shipping, will be here Thursday.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Success Order by phone 1-866-866-7509 - Telesales - Option for 'other', then options for Phone/Accessory purchase.

Simply said i wanted to take advantage of battery bundle online for my Galaxy Nexus, they did the rest. Cost me $14.04, which is shipping + Tax.

Work through your frustration if you don't succeed the first time, NOT REPS FAULT, the items clearly states you have to BUY PHONE at the time of battery purchase, so we are technically circumventing the system to our advantage here.

No excuses "i would have waited for the promo" that's BS, this phone came out months ago, we don't sit around waiting for accessories to go on sale to buy a phone, so don't give the reps any if they don't cooperate the first time around. Just sayin.:cool:

Enjoy!;)

Yes, it's true that the info posted on the website on the day of the promo said that the free battery came with the purchase of the phone. But, the internal Sprint memo that was leaked earlier in the week specifically stated that the promo was for new and existing customers and that no purchase was necessary. (If you Google it several of the Android blogs (but not AC?) have the memo posted.)

Now I completely understand that leaked internal memos are rumor and not official promotions, but I don't think Sprint can blame anyone for being confused, and I bet that's why telesales decided to honor the promotion for existing customers. I'm not taking advantage of the situation. I didn't call up and lie to the sales rep. I just called to ask for something that the best info I have says that I should be able to get.

Edit: Sorry for the rant. :) After I posted it, I reread it and it sounded like I was trying to argue or was angry. That's not the case. I was just responding to something you said that I disagreed with. I do appreciate you posting info/instructions for everyone to help out, and I apologize in advance if my rant offended.

Last edited:

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it's true that the info posted on the website on the day of the promo said that the free battery came with the purchase of the phone. But, the internal Sprint memo that was leaked earlier in the week specifically stated that the promo was for new and existing customers and that no purchase was necessary. (If you Google it several of the Android blogs (but not AC?) have the memo posted.)

Now I completely understand that leaked internal memos are rumor and not official promotions, but I don't think Sprint can blame anyone for being confused, and I bet that's why telesales decided to honor the promotion for existing customers. I'm not taking advantage of the situation. I didn't call up and lie to the sales rep. I just called to ask for something that the best info I have says that I should be able to get.

Sorry for the rant. :)

The confusion came in when a number of us logged into our Sprint accounts (What? Some of us do log in for more than just to pay our bills), to see a message in the "info center" that said we qualify for a free extended nexus battery, click here, enter this promo code", and then being redirected to purchase ANOTHER nexus... The message didn't say, purchase a Nexus, get an extended battery free. So I called instead to see if they can apply it. And they did.

Reactions: TnA206

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

* Enter Russ McGuire's information (russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com / 383 - from his blog)
* Check out (at this point, it may ask you for zipcode, and if it does, enter it - and then, instead of selecting a phone, navigate to accessories and re-add the battery pack (and enter the promo code BATTERY1)
* Check out - total should be free, and shipping should be free too. You will need to enter a credit card though. (also will need to re-enter the employee information - above)

Will it get processed or canceled? I don't know. I tried it and got a confirmation Email. Hopefully it will ship. If not, hopefully I will get the one I ordered from telesales yesterday.

+1 for this going as described. Free battery #2 just ordered via this method.

RUSS is going to be screwed....:cool:

julesR

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
No excuses "i would have waited for the promo" that's BS, this phone came out months ago, we don't sit around waiting for accessories to go on sale to buy a phone, )

Maybe you don't, but not everyone bought the phone when it came out months ago. I bought it last week and would have gladly waited. My advice to say "I would have waited" was directed to anyone who might be in a similar situation and having trouble getting the sales rep to give it to them. Since, the rep can see when you bought the phone, it would be idiotic to use that line if you had a six month old phone

Last edited:

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't wait too long, batteries are Samsung and sale only last as long as supplies last. 2100mah battery. Been ordered mine. Got my phone two weeks ago

Kamin

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE Sprint's idiotic customer service. >_< Oh, please don't take too long next GSM Nexus! Free me from this noose around my neck.

mled203

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

That was amazing ha.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie