Free Battery! Nexus only

mled203

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It still works with the old back but adds just a slight bump. It does come with another replacement back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine, should be golden now with 2 - 1850mah batteries and the 2100mah battery. Still can't believe these were not ready when the phone was released.

Sent via my Galaxy Nexus
60% of the time, It works every time!

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Okay but not exactly I didn't pay a dime not a penny

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

If I were you, I'd carefully look at my bill next month. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't inadvertently agree to the shipping charge. If you didn't actually get charged, then kudos to you.

Success Order by phone 1-866-866-7509 - Telesales - Option for 'other', then options for Phone/Accessory purchase.

Simply said i wanted to take advantage of battery bundle online for my Galaxy Nexus, they did the rest. Cost me $14.04, which is shipping + Tax.

Work through your frustration if you don't succeed the first time, NOT REPS FAULT, the items clearly states you have to BUY PHONE at the time of battery purchase, so we are technically circumventing the system to our advantage here.

No excuses "i would have waited for the promo" that's BS, this phone came out months ago, we don't sit around waiting for accessories to go on sale to buy a phone, so don't give the reps any if they don't cooperate the first time around. Just sayin.:cool:

Enjoy!;)

I logged on to pay my bill tonight, and saw the message in the Info Center that MY Galaxy Nexus is eligible for the free battery promo. It doesn't say anything about having to buy another Nexus. I also tried the link embedded with the info message, and it takes me to the page where I can add the battery. When I apply the promo code it takes me to the purchase a new phone page. Before I even read this site mind you, I just called *2 on my Sprint phone, went through the loops to select other issue ultimately, and the rep who answered was aware of the promo. After checking my account, he transferred me to telesales. I explained why I was calling and without hesitation the lady said I was eligible. I have my battery on the way. The only difference for me was that I took advantage of a 3 pack of screen protectors they were offering, since I don't have any at the moment. Kudos to Sprint for stepping up like this. My battery life sucks on my Nexus, but I still love the phone. They just saved me the majority of the cost of buying this battery myself.

lawmanfj

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Ordered it online on Sunday. Was pretty straight forward. It has already shipped.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I was charged $12.95 for shipping but I just looked at my phone bill and was credited $12.95! Free battery people :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
My Sprint.com info also still shows a $12.95 credit. If it sticks, cool.
I have received my UPS tracking number and my battery bundle will be here today. :D

Mav. :cool:

Edit: Athens, GA, United States 08/21/2012 8:12 A.M. Out For Delivery

Last edited:

Danf

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine was just delivered. Adds no bulk to the phone, just fills out that slightly concave space on the bottom. feels better in the hand to me. And my SGP capsule case fits perfectly with it.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine was just delivered. Adds no bulk to the phone, just fills out that slightly concave space on the bottom. feels better in the hand to me. And my SGP capsule case fits perfectly with it.

Very cool. I love the fast shipping.
I do not see alot of case problems with the new battery. It is just a couple of millimeters we are talking and 99% of the current cases will fit just fine.

Now the power usage/battery life tests can proceed.

Mav. :cool:

GranPaSmurf

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I called Sprint Telesales early Sunday morning, asked about the promo. the rep knew all about it. I got my free (about $15 tax and shipping) battery. It is on the way, they say, and it should be here in mail today. Easy-Peasy!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
mine just arrived. installed and charging now. my observations -

1. adds very little bulk and weight. slightly smooths out bump at the bottom of the phone. feels very good in hand.
2. Diztronic TPU "Revision 3" Case fits perfectly. all button and port cut-outs are aligned perfectly and Case is not loose or ill-fitting with Extended Battery.
3. Battery arrived about 64% Charged.
4. this "Extended" Battery is what the G-Nex SHOULD have been shipped with IMO.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
it will be interesting to see what real world battery life will be with this new battery -

my old EVO 4G Standard Battery = 1,500 mah
G-Nex Standard Battery = 1,850 mah
G-Nex Extended Battery = 2,150 mah

that's a huge difference vs. the OG EVO. and no Sense overhead to fight.

Dat_guy_Juan

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Order mines yesterday for only $10.17 and it should be here tomorrow. I'm glad I read this thread or I would have missed it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
For the folks who got the battery already, could you confirm that NFC is working ok with the new battery? (I know, I'm impatient - I should have the battery this evening)

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
mine just arrived. installed and charging now. my observations -

1. adds very little bulk and weight. slightly smooths out bump at the bottom of the phone. feels very good in hand.
2. Diztronic TPU "Revision 3" Case fits perfectly. all button and port cut-outs are aligned perfectly and Case is not loose or ill-fitting with Extended Battery.
3. Battery arrived about 64% Charged.
4. this "Extended" Battery is what the G-Nex SHOULD have been shipped with IMO.

Couldn't agree more on #4. This phone should have come with the 2100mah, battery in the first place.

Overall I can't complain much about Sprint I suppose. I mean I got 50 bucks through Google Wallet and a free extended battery for my Nexus. I just want them to release the updates for Nexus devices a little faster. Really makes it tuff not to just go through Google directly next time.

Last edited:

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
it will be interesting to see what real world battery life will be with this new battery -

my old EVO 4G Standard Battery = 1,500 mah
G-Nex Standard Battery = 1,850 mah
G-Nex Extended Battery = 2,150 mah

that's a huge difference vs. the OG EVO. and no Sense overhead to fight.

My experience didn't match up to the mAH ratings. My EVO 4G and my EVO 3D would last me close to double of what my G-Nex lasts me with standard battery (similar usage, similar configuration, similar apps, no 4G).
Maybe my battery was defective, so hopefully, the extended battery will give better results. Even if it lasts me as much as my EVO 3D, I'm happy!