Free Battery! Nexus only

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
My Sprint.com info also still shows a $12.95 credit. If it sticks, cool.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but usually, Sprint will take the money they charged you and put that as credit to your account. They then bill you for the battery making the credit go away.

(the $12.95 amount is what is confusing - is that all that Sprint said they'd charge you? Or did they authorize $14.xx? If so, you may have gotten lucky and will get the credit for shipping! wow!)

I see a credit for $14.xx on my sprint account which I'm expecting to vanish once they bill me for the battery

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
My experience didn't match up to the mAH ratings. My EVO 4G and my EVO 3D would last me close to double of what my G-Nex lasts me with standard battery (similar usage, similar configuration, similar apps, no 4G).
Maybe my battery was defective, so hopefully, the extended battery will give better results. Even if it lasts me as much as my EVO 3D, I'm happy!

Yeah be the big difference is the screen. The bigger, higher def screen sucks a lot more battery.

Can someone confirm this is an NFC battery? If it's not, that's going to be an issue.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
My experience didn't match up to the mAH ratings. My EVO 4G and my EVO 3D would last me close to double of what my G-Nex lasts me with standard battery (similar usage, similar configuration, similar apps, no 4G).
Maybe my battery was defective, so hopefully, the extended battery will give better results. Even if it lasts me as much as my EVO 3D, I'm happy!

Yeah my old OG EVO had great battery life once I configured the settings. G-Nex didn't seem as good with stock battery. I've been running with the Extended for the last couple hours talking, surfing, and streaming Pandora trying to run it down in order to calibrate it - and it seems like it's holding up much stronger than stock battery!!!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. More pixels and slightly larger display on G-Nex vs OG EVO but doesn't AMOLED vs LCD offset that?
2. Is it possible G-Nex stock batteries were somewhat defective - hence Sprint's and Verizon's (Samsung) promotion?

GranPaSmurf

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Someone earlier said "this is the battery Nexus should have shipped with." That made me wonder if Samsung was planning on shipping the larger battery with new Nexus' given the bad press about battery life. If they did that it would spark a firestorm of complaints from us, the 'early adopters.' So, make the existing guys happy, then the new purchasers happy.
I just installed mine and have it charging. As others reported, it arrived with about 60% charge. I think my Otterbox case resisted snapping on, it was so snug anyway. But with a bit of gentle insistence on my part, it is now reassembled.
I also purchased last week a Powergen mobile juice pack, Amazon, $34.99. If I am leaving home for a while, I have been carrying it along. I would recharge the stock battery from about 10% to over 90% in about 45 minutes.
I think my usage of my Nexus is different from most. I am an addicted reader. The main reason I chose the Nexus was the size and quality of the screen display. It runs the Kindle app well and I can get ebooks easily. Then, while I am away from home (I am retired), such as sitting in a Doctor's office waiting room, I am reading. Screen on steadily for a couple of hours or so. With my Palm Pre (sigh, I still love that Pre), I used to carry a couple of extra batteries with me.
I have not been all that displeased with my Nexus' battery life. Sometimes I would use Airplane mode while reading, with low brightness, to extend it as much as possible.
Back to the new battery, I have had it charging for about 30 minutes and it is up to over 90%, from 60%. I am looking forward to not having to plan ahead quite so much when I know I will use it on battery for a good while.
Cheers.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah be the big difference is the screen. The bigger, higher def screen sucks a lot more battery.

Maybe that would contribute to some increase, but even on days when I don't use the phone much (like the one time I forgot to take the phone with me to office - Doh!), the battery usage was pretty high! Basically, my GNex battery appears to last me right about half the time as my previous EVO phones.

I'm hoping that it was just a bad battery - I should know soon! UPS is expected to deliver my battery soon. I'll try it for a few days before drawing any conclusions :)

julesR

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The battery cover that is included fits good except around the camera. Anyone else has this issue?

has a tiny lip, which is not noticeable with the gelcase on, around the camera. Running jellybean and sporting a bigger battery, this phone is about as close to perfect as it gets.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
+1 for this going as described. Free battery #2 just ordered via this method.

RUSS is going to be screwed....:cool:

***Update, the 2nd battery i now have a tracking number for, using the Sprint Reps info to place the order. So this method works as well, and 100% free, no charge to my credit card even though it was required during checkout.

Thanks!! Now x2 extended batteries!! :cool:

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping that it was just a bad battery - I should know soon! UPS is expected to deliver my battery soon. I'll try it for a few days before drawing any conclusions :)

Day 1 isn't a good sign... didn't see a significant (dramatic) improvement over the stock battery. Nowhere close to what the EVO batteries used to last (almost double the time), so I guess it wasn't a battery issue. Bummer...

Well, I'm guessing that it will at least be better than the stock battery, so that's good. Plus, having a spare battery is a good thing :)

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Day 1 isn't a good sign... didn't see a significant (dramatic) improvement over the stock battery. Nowhere close to what the EVO batteries used to last (almost double the time), so I guess it wasn't a battery issue. Bummer...

Well, I'm guessing that it will at least be better than the stock battery, so that's good. Plus, having a spare battery is a good thing :)

It won't be a dramatic affect with only 250 mAh difference between the stock and extended batteries.
Will hopefully get another 1.5-2 hours of use.

Do me a solid and put your findings in http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...axy-nexus-extended-battery-good-bad-ugly.html to track everyone's info in one place.
Thanks.

Mav. :cool:

stinkyfischer

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My Sprint.com info also still shows a $12.95 credit. If it sticks, cool.
I have received my UPS tracking number and my battery bundle will be here today. :D

Mav. :cool:

Edit: Athens, GA, United States 08/21/2012 8:12 A.M. Out For Delivery

I believe you will also see a charge of 12.95 on your next bill

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It won't be a dramatic affect with only 250 mAh difference between the stock and extended batteries.
Will hopefully get another 1.5-2 hours of use.

That's true - I had a slightly different issue where I suspected that my stock battery was defective. Compared to my EVO 4G/EVO3D (both with stock batteries)before this, the GNex stock battery was giving me just about half the run time - see http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...21-free-battery-nexus-only-4.html#post2094150
So, with the new extended battery, I was hoping to at least get back to the EVO4G/EVO3D battery life - assuming that my GNex battery was in fact defective - and that would have been a dramatic change for me :)

Sadly, it looks like that is not the case.

Do me a solid and put your findings in http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...axy-nexus-extended-battery-good-bad-ugly.html to track everyone's info in one place.

Sure. I'll do that after a few days (I'm told that the first few days with the battery are not typical - not sure if batteries nowadays need to be conditioned or not. Regardless, I'll wait 2 days and then post results.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Well so far this battery is discharging way to fast . Maybe it needs conditioning. I'm going to give it a week or so. So far I've lost 50% or so in like 3 hours with little to no use.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Well so far this battery is discharging way to fast . Maybe it needs conditioning. I'm going to give it a week or so. So far I've lost 50% or so in like 3 hours with little to no use.

tap on the graph and post that second data screen so we can see WTF you're doing.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
that yellow mobile network signal bar looks suspicious.

1. do you have LTE on? or CDMA only?
2. are you in an LTE market?
3. are you in a shiitty coverage area ie the sticks?

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
that yellow mobile network signal bar looks suspicious.<br />
<br />
1. do you have LTE on? or CDMA only?<br />
2. are you in an LTE market?<br />
3. are you in a shiitty coverage area ie the sticks?

I am cdma only and not in a lte area. Normally with my stock battery I'm usually at about 75%