Bye Nexus hello S3

robpasell

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a Galaxy S 3 today. I just couldn't deal with the terrible battery life anymore. Even with 4G turned off, brightness all the down, and proper app analysis I am getting less than 5 hours on my 2100mA extended battery. The camera is the other big reason.

After having a couple of Verizon S3's in house for testing, and seeing the unbelievable battery life, and the great form factor I pulled the trigger. I use Nova Launcher, so TouchWiz won't be much of an issue. Since it appears JellyBean is already in the works for the S3 and it doesn't appear eminent for the CDMA Nexus I don't feel I'm losing anything there. After seeing the less than impressive leak for the next Nexus I didn't see any reason not to do it. Of course in November when the announce the real specs I'll probably be crying, but oh well.

For me, battery life is key.

*edit* Oh yeah, and after the buy back and contract discount it's only costing me $70.

cusinndzl

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon Galaxy S III has the best battery life out of all the 4G LTE phones I've tested. It easily can go a couple of days on a single charge without even needing to think about conserving power.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought a brand new S3 off eBay and man is it smooth. However, I only like _some_ parts of Touchwiz UX. I originally had the OG Epic 4G, then the Motorola Photon, then the Nexus S 4G, and then the Galaxy Nexus. I love the GNex and the vanilla experience, but the battery life sucks. I did just get the free extended battery to see if it can compare to the S3, which gives me from 1.5- 2.0 days on single charge. I am concerned that even Samsung doesn't have the Sprint GNex on their website. So I'm torn between which phone to keep. Answer: probably whoever gets JB OTA first. Yeah, I can unlock and root and put a dev ROM, but I prefer OTA since my phone is 50%+ for business use. I love my GNex, but the S3 right now is blowing it away, even with Touchwiz UX instead of vanilla Android OS. I have JB on my Xoom WiFi and it is way cool!!!

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
When the new iPhone comes out, you'll be able to get an S3 on Craiglist for around $300. I'm waiting for that.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
The GS3 is a great phone. Can't go wrong with it. I had a bad experience with the Galaxy S Epic 4G and the slowness of bug fixes which is what led me to the Nexus. It seems like it's got a little better with the GS2 and probably the GS3 as well.

I personally can't go away from a Nexus phone now but I like the stock OS. I'm frustrated like everyone else that the CDMA Nexus phones are subject to the same crap as all the other carrier phones even though there's no bloatware. It's a bunch of BS, there's no way it could take long to include whatever CDMA files are needed to get Jelly Bean official out. Next phone for me is through Google.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The GS3 is a great phone. Can't go wrong with it. I had a bad experience with the Galaxy S Epic 4G and the slowness of bug fixes which is what led me to the Nexus. It seems like it's got a little better with the GS2 and probably the GS3 as well.

I personally can't go away from a Nexus phone now but I like the stock OS. I'm frustrated like everyone else that the CDMA Nexus phones are subject to the same crap as all the other carrier phones even though there's no bloatware. It's a bunch of BS, there's no way it could take long to include whatever CDMA files are needed to get Jelly Bean official out. Next phone for me is through Google.

I'm with you on that. I love my Nexus but the next phone will be from the play store.

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree completely but the only reason I went with sprints galaxy nexus is because if unlimited data and the 32GB of space not to mention the free battery. So if Google really adds SD card to new model and cameras are softer on colors. I'll probably jump on board not to mention the phones gonna be cheaper!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000