The Jelly Bean OTA update is complete.

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: The Jelly Bean OTA update has started. Post yours here.

enlighten me.. you have a theory?

It's a lottery of IMEI numbers. As far as I can tell, thats how all updates have went out with all carriers I've been with. Including Blackberry. I've had my phone since they first dropped it on Sprint (its why I went to them) and had I known their 3G service was slow, I would have stayed with T-Mobile and just bought it full price. But I wanted the promise of LTE.

Last edited by a moderator:

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Could someone post a screen shot of the OS details from settings when you get upgraded? Curious what the version information is saying now.

Still waiting patiently(?) in Denver... :p

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Is there a way to DL that link directly to the phone and install? My POS PC doesn't recognize my GNex. Please let me know.

ras.cal

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

I am interested in knowing how to use that link as well. I have never rooted or used the fastbooter before.

cliche37

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Seven2k's link should work well if you have a PC on hand.

Otherwise you could try Force Stopping and Clearing Data on your Google Services Framework, then checking for the update again.

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Could someone post a screen shot of the OS details from settings when you get upgraded? Curious what the version information is saying now.

Still waiting patiently(?) in Denver... :p

Here is a screenshot of mine.

mranderson41

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site

When I update using the link where do I store the zip file? Do I throw it in the sd card folder since the gnex doesn't have an sd card?

Citrik

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

Force stopping and clearing Google Framework Services worked for me. The update wasn't coming through for me at first, but it's downloading now. Thanks for that tip.

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Can't install the leak,in recovery mode the phone only looks in the recovery and lost and found folders in the cashe. None of which are accessible from a non rooted phone:confused:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret