Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 13 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool The Jelly Bean OTA update is complete.

Now that the unconfirmed rumors are now confirmed non-rumors, post here when you get the official Google Jelly Bean OTA update for the Galaxy Nexus and let us know how it is working for you.

If you had a JB ROM before, note any differences you have found, good or bad.

Post some shots of the "About Phone" screen once you get it updated.

Mav.

"During an 8-day period from 9/6/12 - 9/13/12 current Samsung Nexus S 4G and Galaxy Nexus customers receive an Over-The-Air (OTA) Android 4.1, Jelly Bean software update."
    Last edited by VW Maverick; 09-14-2012 at 08:48 AM.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.
    Thanked by 3:
    GXnext and deviantartjr like this.

Default Re: Get the official Jelly Bean OTA update? Post it up.

I'm excited as hell. I've only been searching "Sprint Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean Update" everyday for the past month! I can't wait to see this on my phone.
    GXnext and ras.cal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralTula View Post
    I'm excited as hell. I've only been searching "Sprint Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean Update" everyday for the past month! I can't wait to see this on my phone.
    I thought I was the only one doing that... lol

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

I thought I was the only one doing that also. This is really great news. The last update that was sent out took five days to show up on my phone so don't be disappointed if it doesn't show up on your device today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Given that nobody has yet confirmed a single update so far, I'm guessing that this was merely rumors after all. What a shame. Maybe next month.

Quote Originally Posted by wrecklass View Post
    Given that nobody has yet confirmed a single update so far, I'm guessing that this was merely rumors after all. What a shame. Maybe next month.
    Ummmm Idk if you have looked or not but it is on sprints software update page. The update isn't going to rollout all at once that would overload the servers. It is a staggered update rolling out over 8 days (9/6-9/13) So def not just "rumors" it's coming, be patient.

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

I would LOVE it if they brought back universal search. I loved it on my webOS phones and liked it on Ice Cream Sandwich to find apps and contacts. Stupid Apple...doubtful we'll get it back with Jelly Bean?
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Just root and get it back simple :beer:

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Slow roll out or not, you'd think we'd be hearing from recipients of the first wave by now, seeing how today is the day it is listed on Sprint's site as becoming available. Seems like another epic fail on Sprint's part, resulting in further delays.

Don't get me wrong, happy to be getting it soon, but I would almost rather not have learned about it coming out today, if it's not actually coming out today...there is only so much abuse my phone can take from mashing 'update phone' and re-starting it to see if it has come or if I can trigger it.
    Montro Ltd likes this.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

I'll be reporting in once my fiancee's device gets it. She's really excited, as am I, because I can't believe how slow ICS is/was.

I can't believe that not one person has posted about getting the update for this phone or the nexus s. This is stupid. I dont think its pushing out. Something probably went wrong like usual.

Quote Originally Posted by moonoverparma00 View Post
    I can't believe that not one person has posted about getting the update for this phone or the nexus s. This is stupid. I dont think its pushing out. Something probably went wrong like usual.
    My point exactly. Folks would be posting everywhere if they got updated, but not one word? Either the update isn't happening or it is bricking phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by stimulatedboredom View Post
    Slow roll out or not, you'd think we'd be hearing from recipients of the first wave by now, seeing how today is the day it is listed on Sprint's site as becoming available. Seems like another epic fail on Sprint's part, resulting in further delays.

Don't get me wrong, happy to be getting it soon, but I would almost rather not have learned about it coming out today, if it's not actually coming out today...there is only so much abuse my phone can take from mashing 'update phone' and re-starting it to see if it has come or if I can trigger it.

Last time I checked the update was being pushed out by Google not by Sprint. So if we need to look towards someone it should be Google.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by wrecklass View Post
    My point exactly. Folks would be posting everywhere if they got updated, but not one word? Either the update isn't happening or it is bricking phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    lol it's impossible to brick a Nexus .
    Thanked by:

People need to relax!! we have waited 2 months to get to this point, what is another 8 days?! it'll come give it time
    Thanked by:
    Ryuuie 

I'm fine with waiting....but I would like to hear some feedback already. Not one person??? Give me a break. I'm pretty sure that most people with a nexus phone visits this site would have reported something by now.

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    lol it's impossible to brick a Nexus .
    Its sprint...anything can happen.

Remember, most assumptions were the update would be in October...at least we have knowledge that it exists now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sprint likes to do it late at night or wee hours of the morning so their servers don't get hit to hard.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    love my evo.

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    ROM
    Full Stock

Honestly, I'm not too terribly worried and surprised. I recently switched from the Photon 4G, and I remember the last update, which was an incremental to 2.3.5, was posted on the Sprint support page several days before anyone other than SOAK testers got the update. It was on the Motorola site even longer than that before it was OTA available. Patience is a virtue.

ROM
    Stock

I caused this by losing patience and rooting last week. You're welcome. :-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Sprint likes to do it late at night or wee hours of the morning so their servers don't get hit to hard.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    Most of the updates on my NS4G (retired) didn't hit folks until 12 MN EST = 9 PM CST. Just saying. Plus in my area (Manassas, VA) 3G signal is sucking wind all of a sudden and draining my S3's battery like a syringe drawing blood!!
    Sprint Galaxy S4 - White - Android 4.4.2
    Sprint Galaxy S3 - White - Android 4.4.2 (backup)
    Sprint Motorola Moto X - Android 4.4.2 (second backup)
    Google Nexus 7 2013 - Android 4.4.2
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 - Android 4.4.2
    Asus TF700T - CROMbi-KK - Latest ROM
    Samsung Gear 2 Neo
    Samsung Gear (backup)

Man is correct. And for God sakes can we stop with all the whining? Its formally announced, its being released. Give it time. I've never seen any release on any carrier reach thousands of people on day one when it was only announced this time yesterday. Just relax.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    arcoms 

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Just gonna put this here too from the Sprint GNex threads:

It's been confirmed on the Sprint GNex's device support page that it will receive the update starting today. A Sprint employee also confirmed on the NS4G forums that it will ALSO receive the update starting today.

GNex (LTE): Find and update the software version on your Galaxy Nexus

NS4G: Sprint Community: Jelly Bean Update?

Just because you don't have the update does not mean no one has it. Most people don't go posting on forums that OMG I HAS THE UPDATE Most people with this phone just have it because it was cheap or free and probably don't care about Gingerbread, ICS, or even JB. They just want a device to make calls, texts, and look at Facebook/Twitter on.

This means that every single person here (myself included) are in the minority as we actually care about what updates the phone gets and when. Some of us even root the phone and update the OS ourselves.

What am I getting at with this post? Most people aren't going to post that they have the update as they simply don't care / know this place exists.

If you want to equate this to gamers, we're the "hardcore" gamers who want graphics and story and blah blah blah, everyone else (read: pretty much everyone not on these forums, XDA, Android Police, etc) are the "casual" gamers who only care about simple games to play and beat, not about special graphics or features.

I'm going to go back to work now and wait patiently for the update. I probably won't get it until next Thursday anyway as it took Omaha, NE that long to get ICS previously.
    Warrenisit likes this.
Page 1 of 13 1234 ... LastLast