Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: [GUIDE] Return To Stock

Excellent... Thanks Shabby..

BTW, Thanks again for the packages.. Just used the FH05 Odin tar and it works nicely...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:

Hey shabby. I've got this phone now so if you don't and need access to dumps, let me know. I'd be happy to pull them for you.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  
    ROM Developer

Quote Originally Posted by dmrlook View Post
    Hey shabby. I've got this phone now so if you don't and need access to dumps, let me know. I'd be happy to pull them for you.
    actually ive been a happy gnexus owner for a few months

and all these files have come from sprint flashing utilities
    Webchat support for the Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I've helped you then please buy me a beer

I'm a noob and am curious to whether it is safe to use Odin to flash FH05 onto a GNex with FG01? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Emo_Star View Post
    I'm a noob and am curious to whether it is safe to use Odin to flash FH05 onto a GNex with FG01? Thanks.
    No problem at all.. I just did it yesterday without issue.
    Make sure you flash the Stock tar first, then allow it to boot up once. Shut down, go back into Odin/Download mode and then flash the FH05 LTE tar (PDA SLOT in Odin). This will flash/update the radio/modem for you.
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Default Re: Return to stock

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbypenguin View Post
    for a mac you will have to use fastboot to flash the images seperatly to get back to complete stock youll need to do teh following

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash radio radio-cdma.img
    fastboot flash radio radio-lte.img
    fastboot -w
    fastboot oem lock

and that will return you to as if you bought the phone
    Noobish questions:

These commands aren't specific to a MAC right? Just that you can't use Odin and have to do it though fastboot, right?

Is the order that you put these in the recommended order for flashing the .img files?

I understand what every command does except "fastboot -w". What does that do?

Edit: BTW, I can't thank you and dreams enough for all the help in the R-U-Jellin thread over on XDA.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  
    ROM Developer

Default Re: Return to stock

Quote Originally Posted by jean15paul View Post
    Noobish questions:

These commands aren't specific to a MAC right? Just that you can't use Odin and have to do it though fastboot, right?

Is the order that you put these in the recommended order for flashing the .img files?

I understand what every command does except "fastboot -w". What does that do?

Edit: BTW, I can't thank you and dreams enough for all the help in the R-U-Jellin thread over on XDA.
    correct those are universal fastboot commands

fastboot -w

WILL WIPE YOUR ENTIRE DEVICE

no contacts no sdcard etc, just wanted to explain it
    Webchat support for the Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I've helped you then please buy me a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbypenguin View Post
    correct those are universal fastboot commands

fastboot -w

WILL WIPE YOUR ENTIRE DEVICE

no contacts no sdcard etc, just wanted to explain it
    Cool thanks. One more question. What does "fastboot flash boot boot.img" flash? I guess my question is: what is "boot.img?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by pkrfan View Post
    I am very sad. I cannot get back to stock using my mac in order to get the ota update coming down now
    Why not just use VMware 5 to setup a windows XP virtual machine. You can load the software on the VM, flash your phone back to stock, then sit back and marvel at your own awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by jean15paul View Post
    Cool thanks. One more question. What does "fastboot flash boot boot.img" flash? I guess my question is: what is "boot.img?

boot.img is basically the key to it all.. Kernel, other vital info to make it even start up.
    Paul

To Shabby and everyone else here who's smarter than me...

Can someone help out the OP in this post? Sprint galaxy nexus unroot help! He bought a use Sprint GNex and it turns out it's already rooted and running a custom ROM. The guy who sold it to him didn't return it to stock. He wants to get it back to stock, but he's new to Android and I don't think he has any rooting/hacking/flashing experience. To complicate things, he doesn't have access to a PC; he only has a mac.

From what I understand, you can't use Odin with a mac; you'd have to do it with fastboot. Does anyone think they could help him get everything (fastboot, adb, etc) setup and help him get back to stock?

I suggested that he come over to this post to ask for help. Or you can go to his OP at the link above.

Would someone be able to give me a tutorial on how/where I could get this software. I apologize for all the questions. I just have no idea what I'm doing ha. Thanks!

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default Re: [GUIDE] Return To Stock (ODIN TARS & FASTBOOT IMGS)

How do you flash the official sprint fc12 .zip ? Odin doesnt see it when i try to load it

Quote Originally Posted by fangs87 View Post
    How do you flash the official sprint fc12 .zip ? Odin doesnt see it when i try to load it
    Odin isn't seeing your device or the tar (zip) file your trying to load up into Odin to flash?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fangs87 View Post
    Odin isn't seeing your device or the tar (zip) file your trying to load up into Odin to flash?
    Paul

This fastboot support for Samsung Epic SPH-D700 or not???
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stephenoktara View Post
    This fastboot support for Samsung Epic SPH-D700 or not???
    thanks
    This is the Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 section of the forums. The section you would need according to your information is for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4g SPH-D700 which is located at the link below..
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-epic-4g/

If you attempt to use the Odin tar's provided in the OP of this thread on your Samsung Epic 4g you will have a nice paperweight.

Fastboot and the fastboot provided files in this thread does not apply to the Samsung Epic 4g.

Good luck and enjoy!
    Paul

Shabbypenguin likes this.

Can someone this thread updated with the new GA02 update? Thanks in advance!
    Thanked by:
    vincentallen2 likes this.

Thanks Shabbypenguin. I used these files to return my bootlooping GNex to stock last night!

ROM
    CM 10 Nightlies

Coming from Kit Kat, I had to use the stock FC12 tar to get my device back to stock, since none of the others seemed to work. The only problem I'm having now is that the LTE tar seems to hang - for some reason, it just times out. The phone is up and working, but it would be nice to get 4G going.

EDIT: Never mind - it's working great once I turned it on in the settings. Doh!

Do I need to use the IMG files or can I just use the 2 tar files only for fh05???

Do I need to use the fastboot IMG files or can I just use the two tar - odin files for fh05???
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12