[GUIDE] Return To Stock (ODIN TARS & FASTBOOT IMGS)

Emo_Star

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] Return To Stock

Okay, thanks. I'm still kinda nervous but appreciate the help. This will give me JellyBean if I am currently running ICS 4.0.4 right?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Yep thats what they say! I haven't done it myself yet for the new FH05.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Shabby, just for kicks I used the fastboot images (FD02) to go back to ICS 4.0.4 to troubleshoot for some of the folks..

I can confirm like many others that you lose your stock recovery... You get the Android guy on his back with the exclamation point. I know like on the NS4G you get to this point you hit I think Volume Down + Power and it will boot you into stock recovery but no such luck on the GNex...

Thoughts?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Excellent... Thanks Shabby..

BTW, Thanks again for the packages.. Just used the FH05 Odin tar and it works nicely...

Reactions: Shabbypenguin

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Hey shabby. I've got this phone now so if you don't and need access to dumps, let me know. I'd be happy to pull them for you.

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Hey shabby. I've got this phone now so if you don't and need access to dumps, let me know. I'd be happy to pull them for you.

actually ive been a happy gnexus owner for a few months ;)

and all these files have come from sprint flashing utilities

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I'm a noob and am curious to whether it is safe to use Odin to flash FH05 onto a GNex with FG01? Thanks.

No problem at all.. I just did it yesterday without issue.
Make sure you flash the Stock tar first, then allow it to boot up once. Shut down, go back into Odin/Download mode and then flash the FH05 LTE tar (PDA SLOT in Odin). This will flash/update the radio/modem for you.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Return to stock

for a mac you will have to use fastboot to flash the images seperatly to get back to complete stock youll need to do teh following

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash radio radio-cdma.img
fastboot flash radio radio-lte.img
fastboot -w
fastboot oem lock

and that will return you to as if you bought the phone :)

Noobish questions:

These commands aren't specific to a MAC right? Just that you can't use Odin and have to do it though fastboot, right?

Is the order that you put these in the recommended order for flashing the .img files?

I understand what every command does except "fastboot -w". What does that do?

Edit: BTW, I can't thank you and dreams enough for all the help in the R-U-Jellin thread over on XDA. :D

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Return to stock

Noobish questions:

These commands aren't specific to a MAC right? Just that you can't use Odin and have to do it though fastboot, right?

Is the order that you put these in the recommended order for flashing the .img files?

I understand what every command does except "fastboot -w". What does that do?

Edit: BTW, I can't thank you and dreams enough for all the help in the R-U-Jellin thread over on XDA. :D

correct those are universal fastboot commands :)

fastboot -w

WILL WIPE YOUR ENTIRE DEVICE

no contacts no sdcard etc, just wanted to explain it :)

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

correct those are universal fastboot commands :)

fastboot -w

WILL WIPE YOUR ENTIRE DEVICE

no contacts no sdcard etc, just wanted to explain it :)

Cool thanks. One more question. What does "fastboot flash boot boot.img" flash? I guess my question is: what is "boot.img?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

TheNegroProblem

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

I am very sad. I cannot get back to stock using my mac in order to get the ota update coming down now

Why not just use VMware 5 to setup a windows XP virtual machine. You can load the software on the VM, flash your phone back to stock, then sit back and marvel at your own awesomeness.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Cool thanks. One more question. What does "fastboot flash boot boot.img" flash? I guess my question is: what is "boot.img?

boot.img is basically the key to it all.. Kernel, other vital info to make it even start up.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

To Shabby and everyone else here who's smarter than me...

Can someone help out the OP in this post? http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-nexus/208412-sprint-galaxy-nexus-unroot-help.html He bought a use Sprint GNex and it turns out it's already rooted and running a custom ROM. The guy who sold it to him didn't return it to stock. He wants to get it back to stock, but he's new to Android and I don't think he has any rooting/hacking/flashing experience. To complicate things, he doesn't have access to a PC; he only has a mac.

From what I understand, you can't use Odin with a mac; you'd have to do it with fastboot. Does anyone think they could help him get everything (fastboot, adb, etc) setup and help him get back to stock?

I suggested that he come over to this post to ask for help. Or you can go to his OP at the link above.

ARuss

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

Would someone be able to give me a tutorial on how/where I could get this software. I apologize for all the questions. I just have no idea what I'm doing ha. Thanks!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] Return To Stock (ODIN TARS & FASTBOOT IMGS)

How do you flash the official sprint fc12 .zip ? Odin doesnt see it when i try to load it
Odin isn't seeing your device or the tar (zip) file your trying to load up into Odin to flash?

- - - Updated - - -

How do you flash the official sprint fc12 .zip ? Odin doesnt see it when i try to load it
Odin isn't seeing your device or the tar (zip) file your trying to load up into Odin to flash?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge