Two problems: JB Update breaks Foxfi/standard BT Tether unusabel

azgalorRC

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I used Foxfi prior to the update - now it doesn't work. Suggests going the Bluetooth DUN route - I try Bluetooth, pair it to my laptop, and then try to connect - it connects but I cant share the internet unless I enable Bluetooth tethering from Tether and Hotspot options.. but even then the internet itself doesnt work on my laptop.

Im using PDANet now but its painfully slow.. anyone have any decent alternatives or should I go back to ICS and use Foxfi until the foxfi folks fix it?

Danf

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Two problems: JB Update breaks Foxfi/standard BT Tether unusa

Curious, Play store tells me that FoxFi is not compatible with the Sprint Galaxy Nexus.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Sprint blocked foxfi from the play store you have to go to foxfi.com to download it.

But I heard that it jellybean breaks comparability

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Foxfi never worked for me on my Sprint G-Nex. it was my understanding that it was blocked in the Play Store AND Sprint also blocked it from working even if you sideloaded the apk.

Firefyter

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Foxfi never worked for me on my Sprint G-Nex. it was my understanding that it was blocked in the Play Store AND Sprint also blocked it from working even if you sideloaded the apk.

It always worked for me on my Sprint GN, but I did have to set the network mode to LTE/ CDMA to make it happen. Since the JB update its been a no-go, though. I'm hoping they'll update it soon to work with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney