weather location off

deejayadhd

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
since ive had my gnex weatherbug and beutiful widgets think i am in sebring fl which is like 100 miles away. i am on an airave and wifi, if i unplug everything and go outside it will then think i am in lake mary which still isnt right that is the next town over. now if i fire up my old optimus weatherbug and bw correctly find me in sanford. i have tried several roms and have gone through all the settings i could find. any ideas?

deejayadhd

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
ok this was driving me insane, all i had to do was uncheck settings>Location services>Google's location service
settings>Location services >Location & Google search and recheck and agree to googles terms and presto weatherbug now reports my proper location.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When I had the airave, it would report me at a location in NYC, which my guess is the nearest airave control center. Since your phone is actually trying to use the Agps data (from the tower), it gets screwey. If you boot up with the airave turned on, it could also skew the gps results, putting you in another town. I've had mine follow my tracks exactly (turn left here, turned right there), but the roads didn't match on the screen. The airave is great, but it's got it's flaws, and this is just one of them.

deejayadhd

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
thanx for the input. what i find odd is my old optimus finds me in sanford with and w/out the airave on. with the airave off my gnex still finds me to be in lake mary which is still like 8 miles give or take away. strange. for the most part it gets my location right when i am out in the field, although today i was at wekiva falls and it had me in "mid-florida? my buddies phone said sorrento which i belive was accurate. sometimes gmaps locates me properly when the weather dosent and sometimes gmaps has me way off. i dunno, just driving me bonkers.