Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hi, I hope someone can help me with this

So I have the ota JB plus root. 2 days ago I had installed wallpaper app but then uninstalled it yesterday but now want to reinstall. Now I can no longer see the app in playstore and all see is paid ones. I thought with rooting you have a bit more free selections? Thank you.

Default Re: Hi, I hope someone can help me with this

Rooting has nothing to do with what you see in the google play store. It just allows you access to the internal file system of the phone that non-rooted phones don't have. In doing so, it allows you to gain the necessary permissions to run apps that others can not run, for example, some WIFI tethering apps so your phone can be a hotspot.

I suspect you lost the access to the ap because that app was not written to support jelly bean. What;s the app?
    Thanked by:
    pkrfan 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That is the bad thing, I forgot the name of the app. But it is okay. I found new ones. I still have the battery drain issue though. Thank you for your kind reply

Quote Originally Posted by pkrfan View Post
    That is the bad thing, I forgot the name of the app. But it is okay. I found new ones. I still have the battery drain issue though. Thank you for your kind reply
    Sorry for the late post, I don't check the forums often. Check to see if Google Now is enabled, and disable it if it's on. I almost doubled my battery life by disabling Google Now. Not sure if it was a bug, but it seems to poll for updates way too much, causing extreme battery drain in my case.. They may update it to fix that issue, but that was a deal breaker for me, I can live without that particular feature.