Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any Problems With Charging Since JB?

So since I've updated I've noticed that my phone will barely charge. I have to plug it in and play with it for it to take charge. I've been at it about 20 minutes and its 2:4am and it won't work. Anyone else having this problem. BTW, it has not been dropped or messed up in any way. It just won't charge properly u less I power it off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Nexus 6 - CM12.1 w/5.1.1

Default Re: Any Problems With Charging Since JB?

I have not noticed any problems with mine when charging on or off.
    Weird.

Have you tried a different charger plug?

Mav.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

Have two Gnex's running Jelly Bean. no problems here.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'll try a different one now.

Same here.. All good.
    Paul
    Moderator @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

I was having the same problem but it was a usb that bought and not the one that came with it. When I charge it using the original usb I don't have any problems. I do get the non gnex charger to work but I do have to play with it a little and once it does catch a charge it moves pretty slow.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

So it was something Sprint had sent to the wives sang my phone. They did some OTA update & now it works. ! Yay!

I've had this same problem. It's not a cable/charging problem since the phone will charge when powered off. In fact, I can plug in the charger when the phone is on, see that it's not charging, power the phone off, and see that it starts charging. Same charger and I didn't even unconnect the cable. I had this problem for a couple weeks, then it went away (phone charged like it was supposed to). Then, it came back again two days ago. It would only charge when I powered-down the phone.

Then, today, I was experimenting and pulled the USB cable out of the little block that plugs into the wall, and I stuck the USB into my laptop (phone connected and powered-on the whole time). The laptop went crazy with repeated messages about an invalid USB device. I unplugged it, waited a few seconds, and plugged it back into the laptop again. The Galaxy Nexus was recognized by my laptop this time like it's supposed to be. Plus, it was charging! When I then unplugged the USB from the laptop and re-plugged it back into the little wall-brick, the phone recognized that the charger was connected and it started charging.

There is NO WAY that this problem is not a software issue. Hardware problems don't manifest themselves like this.