Android Core Apps Battery Drain?

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My phone was doing pretty well on battery. It was at about 6 hours and 75 percent battery left.

I noticed my battery started draining rather quickly out of nowhere, and I saw that "Android Core Apps" was draining 12% of my battery (it was only on for 15 minutes) and my battery went down to about 50% in 30 or so minutes. I uninstalled Viber because I saw some people say that was the issue but still nothing is changing. Do any of you have a fix for this issue?

Sorry I don't have any screenshots at this time.. Let me know if anyone else ran into this problem.

I'm completely stock running JellyBean.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
did you switch to CDMA only in settings if you are in an non-LTE market? the Jelly Bean OTA switched the setting.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah I did. Everything is right on the settings aspect.. but apparently not because it was a random occurance that I have never seen before.

oh well, no one knows what it was.

Starrex

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S4 and had a similar thing with Android Core Apps draining 40%+ of my battery. This resulted in the phone heating up and battery life reducing to around 4hrs. The app concerned was the Contacts Storage App. I have now disabled the app and the phone is stone cold and the battery lasts like it used to. The bad news is I now no longer have any contacts coming up on my phone. Therefore, this is not a permanent solution but it does give me some information on where to start.

I have since found I had my Hotmail and gmail accounts that were connected and sharing contacts, had become disconnected. I have reconnected the accounts and will test over the coming days to check if trying to reconnect in the background was causing the issue.

Will update when I know more.

SwamiMacGyver

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. It's so bad that my phone dies overnight and only really recharges when the phone is off. Sarrex, did you have any luck? I can't seem to disable the Contacts Storage App (Force Stop doesn't work either).

What did you do to check that your Hotmail and Gmail accounts were connected correctly?

I didn't have this problem a week or so ago. The only thing that changed recently was that I got an Android update. I'm on an LG G3.

aytamal

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Here i offer you the absolute solution.

Android core apps are all about the manegement of contacts. (sync, storage, permissions, etc.)

When sth goes wrong on this, we see this android core apps on the top of the battery usage list. It also makes it hard to make a phone call becouse contacts menu becomes so laggy.

You need to uninstall-restart- reinstall your programs using your adress book. These are mostly your messagging apps like WhatsApp, Viber, etc.

Yesterday, after 3 days of battling out, i figured out that my problem is with WhatsApp. I solved the problem by uninstalling and reinstaling it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith