1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why my apps did not auto download from my previous phone?

Do I have to root to get all my apps at once that I have on my other phone? I don't feel like going through my whole app list and installing each app one by one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Why my apps did not auto download from my previous phone?

It may be easier to hop on the play.google.com page, where you can see your apps. Click install, and it will push them to your phone. Won't take long to find all the apps you use and have them queued up.
    Of course, if you made a backup with a program like Titanium, than rooting and restoring the backup of the apps may still be quicker.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I do have a back up and my other phone is rooted. How do you do a screenshot on this phone ?

Screenshot = Power + Volume Down (No root required.. Native of all Nexus devices)

To add, yes if your rooted then grab your Titanium Backup or My Backup Root folder files and throw them on your new device and you should be able to pull them in.. I did it when switching.

Otherwise the above suggestion of going to Play Store online and selecting the apps you want from your device history is a quick option too...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks. I would like to root my phone what is the best way to root my phone. Thanks in advanced.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

How do I reply to a text from the notification bar ?

To root your phone, hit up the stickies about it, read, read some more, than read a bit more. Ask a few questions, and read some more. Then and only then, get your cable out and have at it

As far as "reply to text from notification bar", you just click the text in the pull down and it opens up the messaging app. If you are looking for more of a popup solution, you'll need a 3rd party sms app.
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I rooted my other phone so I have the basics of rooting. I don't know nothing about kernels, I'll read on it because I would like to over clock the phone without using a ROM I don't know if its possible.

At Google I/O didn't they say you can reply to notifications straight from the notification bar without opening up the app like text, emails and i think Facebook too.

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you have the backup/automatic-restore option set (settings-->backup&reset) set on both devices, I thought it would auto-download the apps on the new device. It did for me when I activated my GNex (after using my EVO 3D before). I don't know if it was some other setting that I had set, but as soon as I signed into my account on the GNex, it auto downloaded all the apps that I had on my EVO 3D.

(both devices were unrooted at that time)

Quote Originally Posted by icewater106 View Post
    At Google I/O didn't they say you can reply to notifications straight from the notification bar without opening up the app like text, emails and i think Facebook too.

Smart notifications
    Notifications have been an essential element of Android since its inception, and Jellybean gives the notification shade a much needed upgrade. No longer are notifications limited to an icon and a few lines of text, as all notifications are now fully expandable, removing the need to open a full application to simply read a text or email. Additionally, it's now possible to take action within the notification shade, you can respond to messages, as well as view photos and events, all without ever leaving the home screen.
    That IS what it says... I don't however see how that works, only expanding, collapsing them. Coming soon??

i use this app to keep my App list for easy reinstalls with links. i "share" it to my own email and then archive the email -

ShareMyApps
    Matt Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Screenshot = Power + Volume Down (No root required.. Native of all Nexus devices)
    Wow. I've had this phone since June and I did not know that. Thanks.

I rooted my other phone so I have the basics of rooting. I don't know nothing about kernels, I'll read on it because I would like to over clock the phone without using a ROM I don't know if its possible.
    It is. You could flash a custom kernel or use an app like SetCPU.

You're referring to the enhanced notifications in JB. I think right now it's only work with notifications from Google's apps, but Google released an API so hopefully developers will start using enhanced notifications soon.

The way it works is that the top notification is expanded by default (if compatible). But you can expand any compatible notification by putting 2 fingers on it and dragging down. If you need to collaspe a notification that's already expanded you put 2 fingers on it and drag up. Any available options for the notification will be there when you expand it. I do hope they add more option soon like quick reply for text or a quick delete for emails.