- 1,054 Posts
[HOW TO] Enable home screen rotation with 4.1.2 *REQUIRES ROOT*
The Android 4.1.2 update allows launcher (home screen and app drawer) rotation into landscape for the Nexus 7 but not for the Galaxy Nexus. But if you have root you can enable launcher rotation with a simple addition to the build.prop.
Required: a rooted Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.1.2
- Using a root capable file explorer (e.g. Root Explorer, ES File Explorer, etc) navigate to your build.prop file located at /system/build.prop
- Using a text editor, add this line to the bottom of the build.prop file "launcher.force_enable_rotation=true" (without the quotes). Recommended: make a backup of the original build.prop first
- Save the modified build.prop
That's all. Now your home screens and app drawer will rotate into landscape mode. There are build.prop editor apps that you can use, but I've never used those and can't speak to how they work.
- 11-15-2012, 07:43 PM #2
- By wallstreet123456 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 18Last Post: 11-09-2013, 09:46 PM
- By non5equitur in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 05-08-2012, 11:09 PM
- By qbking77 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 0Last Post: 10-03-2011, 12:09 AM
- By rizaldi in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inchReplies: 6Last Post: 07-31-2011, 09:26 PM
- By grimace2255 in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 04-15-2011, 04:21 PM