Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default aux port picky

I've been having a very odd problem with my nexus aux port. If I plug in my headphones in the aux port, the right speaker only works at particular angles, otherwise it doesn't work. It's not selective to just one set of headphones, but another set, and my aux cable in my car as well. I tried cleaning the port with a wet Q-tip, thinking it was dust, but again it's still picky. I don't have insurance on my phone and I haven't dropped it, so I have no idea where to proceed. Will Sprint do an exchange with a refurbished phone as to I'm assuming it's a hardware defect.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: aux port picky

bump?

Default Re: aux port picky

I had a similar problem, but backwards.
    My Aux/Headphone port worked great but I was not getting any sound from the external speaker.
    Took it to a Sprint store and they tried to fix it, but were unsuccessful.
    I paid the $35.00 checkout fee and they ordered me another. As a plus, the replacement was new, not refurbished.
    As you are within your first year of the phone's life, Samsung's warranty will cover it.

Mav.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.