aux port picky
I've been having a very odd problem with my nexus aux port. If I plug in my headphones in the aux port, the right speaker only works at particular angles, otherwise it doesn't work. It's not selective to just one set of headphones, but another set, and my aux cable in my car as well. I tried cleaning the port with a wet Q-tip, thinking it was dust, but again it's still picky. I don't have insurance on my phone and I haven't dropped it, so I have no idea where to proceed. Will Sprint do an exchange with a refurbished phone as to I'm assuming it's a hardware defect.
- 11-20-2012, 05:52 PM #3Master of Time and Space
- 666 Posts
- JBSourcery V5.2 w/4.2.2
Re: aux port picky
I had a similar problem, but backwards.
My Aux/Headphone port worked great but I was not getting any sound from the external speaker.
Took it to a Sprint store and they tried to fix it, but were unsuccessful.
I paid the $35.00 checkout fee and they ordered me another. As a plus, the replacement was new, not refurbished.
As you are within your first year of the phone's life, Samsung's warranty will cover it.
Mav.Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.
- By lolfests in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 43Last Post: 02-10-2011, 08:24 PM
- By error4o4 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 9Last Post: 06-14-2010, 12:44 AM
- By Arellias in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 2Last Post: 12-18-2009, 06:38 PM
- By mrdonbonjovi in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 3Last Post: 12-12-2009, 01:43 PM
- By ERDude in forum HTC G1/Dream Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 11-23-2009, 07:10 PM