Shot in the dark: When do we get 4.2?

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Google released experimental binaries for 4.2 for the Sprint version. I assume they are only labeled experimental because Google in unable to officially support the Sprint variant in AOSP, because they work just fine. There's already a fully functional build up on xda.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Google released experimental binaries for 4.2 for the Sprint version. I assume they are only labeled experimental because Google in unable to officially support the Sprint variant in AOSP, because they work just fine. There's already a fully functional build up on xda.

Is there a way to flash it without losing my data?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
As long as you're on a third party pure AOSP ROM, yes. Won't work moving from stock because the signatures are different, and using a heavily customized ROM will carry over its system related data, which wouldn't be compatible.

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
As long as you're on a third party pure AOSP ROM, yes. Won't work moving from stock because the signatures are different, and using a heavily customized ROM will carry over its system related data, which wouldn't be compatible.

That's the first good reason i;ve seen to flash my ROM.