Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GNexus UNROOT & RETURN TO STOCK HELP!!! (ODIN)

Okay so I have posted on here before but didnt have access to a computer. Now I do have access to a pc running windows 7 and found a video from QBKING77 on how to unroot and return to stock. i downloaded the drivers, tar files, and the ODIN program. The problem that I have with doing this method is that when I put my phone into ODIN mode and plug it into my computer, ODIN doesnt recognize my phone...when I PLUG THE PHONE IN...WINDOWS RECOGNIZES IT BUT ODIN WONT... IF ANYONE COULD HELP THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!! My Gnex is on 4.1 rooted. (I bought this phone not knowing it was rooted)
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,139 Global Posts

Default Re: GNexus UNROOT & RETURN TO STOCK HELP!!! (ODIN)

No need for Odin -- this is a Nexus. It's easier than that.

Follow the instructions here. http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ash-takju.html

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Phil with the save. )

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    No need for Odin -- this is a Nexus. It's easier than that.

Follow the instructions here. http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ash-takju.html
    Phil, pretty serious flaw here. the Sprint Galaxy Nexus is NOT a GSM Phone. The OP will have serious issues if he tries to flash it to the Takju version.

Odin has always been a pain with working, and it's likely that your usb cable isn't up to the task. Also make sure that device manager sees all the devices the phone shows up as, and you have it in bootloader (odin) mode, or ODIN won't see it.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have the original cord that came with the phone... and its I'm Odin mode when I plug it in. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ARuss View Post
    I have the original cord that came with the phone... and its I'm Odin mode when I plug it in. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    You can always use the latest Wugs Tool Kit to restore to stock. Seeing how Sprint finally released official factory restore for the GNex, the tool kit was updated to support this along with many other options. If your having issues with Odin seeing the device its either USB cable or driver problem related... Wugs usually comes thru in this situation.

I hate One Click's but in the case of the GNex its been a pain in the *** since day one for getting those drivers properly installed.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.