Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gekko
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G Nex vs. G3 on Sprint

OK, I know this is the G Nex forum, so I anticipate some favoritism, but where else do I ask?

Friday and Saturday I can get a G3 for $50, or a G Nex for free. I'm heading over to the Sprint store in the a.m. to play with and compare, but I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the matter. I don't use my phone (an Evo 4G) to play games much. Mostly email, voice and web surfing, WWF, and some light game play, but nothing that will tax the hardware.. I'll root, but mostly to run apps that require root, not to play around with a bunch of different ROMs. Battery life is moderately important, but most of the time I can recharge during the day, either at my desk or in the car, and I'm willing to carry a spare battery if necessary.

Thanks,
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Default Re: G Nex vs. G3 on Sprint

If it was me... I have the Sprint GNex and my wife has the Sprint SGS3...

I would get the SGS3. Simply because its newer, will/should have a longer shelf life for support than the GNex which roughly a year old now (Verizon customers) and about (6 months plus on Sprint).

Plus honestly, I just love the SGS3 whenever I play with it. It is an awesome device that deserves a serious look, not that I hate my GNex but when it comes to better hardware and performance, expandable space I would have to go SGS3.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Personal preference. Play with both and follow your gut.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Personal preference. Play with both and follow your gut.
    Good suggestion..
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Note 2 smashing em both!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    9,143 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

You'll be happier with the GS3 simply because it's an over all great device. it's newer and will hopefully be supported for some time as Paul said. There will be custom ROMS for both devices long after their shelf life is over and that'll keep both devices going. personally, GS3.

You believe the S3 will have support longer than a Nexus? Seriously?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Galaxy s3 for sure although if size and money isn't a problem I would suggest you take a look at the note 2

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

IMO G-Nex will be supported faster and longer than GSIII. This is a big selling point for me in addition to no bloatware, no skins, all on screen virtual buttons, and fast secure all internal storage.
    dtreo likes this.

the only two phones that i would even possibly consider over the G-Nex would be the Nexus 4 and the G-Note 2.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I just had a choice to get a viper this or a sgs3 I chose the nexus for pure Android and lte

Sent from my Unlimited Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    the only two phones that i would even possibly consider over the G-Nex would be the Nexus 4 and the G-Note 2.
    Totally agree with you.

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Love my GNex and stock Android but the GS3 is a much smarter purchase right now. Have you considered the Optimus G?

60% of the time it works every time!
    *Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I actually played with the g for the hour I waited for my Gnex and that quad core is a beast I'm just a fan of pure android and plus can't beat 32gb vs 8 or 16 on the new one

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2