G Nex vs. G3 on Sprint

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
OK, I know this is the G Nex forum, so I anticipate some favoritism, but where else do I ask?

Friday and Saturday I can get a G3 for $50, or a G Nex for free. I'm heading over to the Sprint store in the a.m. to play with and compare, but I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the matter. I don't use my phone (an Evo 4G) to play games much. Mostly email, voice and web surfing, WWF, and some light game play, but nothing that will tax the hardware.. I'll root, but mostly to run apps that require root, not to play around with a bunch of different ROMs. Battery life is moderately important, but most of the time I can recharge during the day, either at my desk or in the car, and I'm willing to carry a spare battery if necessary.

Thanks,

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If it was me... I have the Sprint GNex and my wife has the Sprint SGS3...

I would get the SGS3. Simply because its newer, will/should have a longer shelf life for support than the GNex which roughly a year old now (Verizon customers) and about (6 months plus on Sprint).

Plus honestly, I just love the SGS3 whenever I play with it. It is an awesome device that deserves a serious look, not that I hate my GNex but when it comes to better hardware and performance, expandable space I would have to go SGS3.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You'll be happier with the GS3 simply because it's an over all great device. it's newer and will hopefully be supported for some time as Paul said. There will be custom ROMS for both devices long after their shelf life is over and that'll keep both devices going. personally, GS3.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy s3 for sure although if size and money isn't a problem I would suggest you take a look at the note 2

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
IMO G-Nex will be supported faster and longer than GSIII. This is a big selling point for me in addition to no bloatware, no skins, all on screen virtual buttons, and fast secure all internal storage.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I just had a choice to get a viper this or a sgs3 I chose the nexus for pure Android and lte

Sent from my Unlimited Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Love my GNex and stock Android but the GS3 is a much smarter purchase right now. Have you considered the Optimus G?

60% of the time it works every time!
*Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I actually played with the g for the hour I waited for my Gnex and that quad core is a beast I'm just a fan of pure android and plus can't beat 32gb vs 8 or 16 on the new one

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2