Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Reader mode question

    I'm replacing my phone with a nexus (my only option) , and I'm wondering, when using play books or Kindle or Adobe pdf, does that bar at the bottom go away until you press the screen?

    Thanks

    Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  
    mij9895's Avatar

    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

    Default Re: Reader mode question

    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    I'm replacing my phone with a nexus (my only option) , and I'm wondering, when using play books or Kindle or Adobe pdf, does that bar at the bottom go away until you press the screen?

    Thanks

    Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums
    Welcome to the Nexus jrsharp70. I've noticed that the soft keys hide at times, but you still can see where they are. I do know when using Adobe Reader the soft keys stay. Not sure about the Kindle app though.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean 4.2.1
    Previous Devices: HTC Evo Shift 4G & iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Reader mode question

    Thanks. I'm going to miss the LG display

    Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Reader mode question

    Quote Originally Posted by mij9895 View Post
    Welcome to the Nexus jrsharp70. I've noticed that the soft keys hide at times, but you still can see where they are. I do know when using Adobe Reader the soft keys stay. Not sure about the Kindle app though.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    They stick around with the Kindle.

    The only times I've seen them go away are when playing video in full screen mode (landscape in youtube app), and they shrink to faded dots when you are in the camera/camcorder mode. After a while, it feels weird when you're looking at the screen and they're NOT there, I just write off that portion of the screen as if they are "offscreen" buttons.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Reader mode question

    Quote Originally Posted by ratsttam View Post
    They stick around with the Kindle.

    The only times I've seen them go away are when playing video in full screen mode (landscape in youtube app), and they shrink to faded dots when you are in the camera/camcorder mode. After a while, it feels weird when you're looking at the screen and they're NOT there, I just write off that portion of the screen as if they are "offscreen" buttons.
    Well, that does suck that it takes up screen real estate, but I got used to it on my tablet and I guess I'll get used to it on my phone.

    It is still a nice bump from my current 4 inch screen. I am assuming that the reason it is 4.65 inches is to make it closer to 4.5 actual usable inches.

    Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by jrsharp70; 12-10-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Dock and silent mode question ?
    By leep75 in forum Droid Bionic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 09:52 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 01:57 PM
  3. Power-saving mode questions
    By harry_fine in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2011, 09:17 AM
  4. Car Mode questions
    By eagle63 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 09:03 PM
  5. Car Mode Question
    By Mercyme84 in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 02:41 AM

Posting Permissions