Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Reader mode question

I'm replacing my phone with a nexus (my only option) , and I'm wondering, when using play books or Kindle or Adobe pdf, does that bar at the bottom go away until you press the screen?

Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Default Re: Reader mode question

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    I'm replacing my phone with a nexus (my only option) , and I'm wondering, when using play books or Kindle or Adobe pdf, does that bar at the bottom go away until you press the screen?

Thanks

Welcome to the Nexus jrsharp70. I've noticed that the soft keys hide at times, but you still can see where they are. I do know when using Adobe Reader the soft keys stay. Not sure about the Kindle app though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean 4.2.1
    Previous Devices: HTC Evo Shift 4G & iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks. I'm going to miss the LG display

Quote Originally Posted by mij9895 View Post
    Welcome to the Nexus jrsharp70. I've noticed that the soft keys hide at times, but you still can see where they are. I do know when using Adobe Reader the soft keys stay. Not sure about the Kindle app though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    They stick around with the Kindle.

The only times I've seen them go away are when playing video in full screen mode (landscape in youtube app), and they shrink to faded dots when you are in the camera/camcorder mode. After a while, it feels weird when you're looking at the screen and they're NOT there, I just write off that portion of the screen as if they are "offscreen" buttons.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by ratsttam View Post
    They stick around with the Kindle.

The only times I've seen them go away are when playing video in full screen mode (landscape in youtube app), and they shrink to faded dots when you are in the camera/camcorder mode. After a while, it feels weird when you're looking at the screen and they're NOT there, I just write off that portion of the screen as if they are "offscreen" buttons.
    Well, that does suck that it takes up screen real estate, but I got used to it on my tablet and I guess I'll get used to it on my phone.

It is still a nice bump from my current 4 inch screen. I am assuming that the reason it is 4.65 inches is to make it closer to 4.5 actual usable inches.

Last edited by jrsharp70; 12-10-2012 at 02:55 PM.