Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy s2 or nexus

My girlfriend has a nexus coming in the next day r 2 and was wondering what u guys thought should I swap her for my s2 or keep the s2 I like it but the nexus looks nicer and has a much better display and I like the 3 button home row but idk yet any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Sent from my totally awesome jellybeanerific S2 epic 4G touch using tapatalk!

Default Re: Galaxy s2 or nexus

Is it the Nexus 4? If I were you I would take it from her as long as she was okay with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Unfortunately not the nexus 4 its the galaxy nexus and no she doesn't mind she said it'd be an early Christmas present lol just wondering if it'd be worth it to switch

Quote Originally Posted by slinkies View Post
    My girlfriend has a nexus coming in the next day r 2 and was wondering what u guys thought should I swap her for my s2 or keep the s2 I like it but the nexus looks nicer and has a much better display and I like the 3 button home row but idk yet any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Wouldn't you want her to have the better phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

She's not a tech saavy person lol she doesn't care what phone she has as long as it's an android phone and she can play Andry birds on it lol

flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

She's not a tech saavy person lol she doesn't care what phone she has as long as it's an android phone and she can play Andry birds on it lol

Personally I would go for the Nexus I just received mine and its awesome upgrade from the Viper I had. Plus its easy to mod, and you don't have to keep just the three buttons at the bottom.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy s2 or nexus-uploadfromtaptalk1356002333518.jpg  

I would give her the S2. Touchwiz adds some nice features such as t9 dialing, and the ability to quickly turn wifi, bt, and a couple other settings on and off right from the notification shade, that the average user will find comfortable to use.
    They are both fairly comparable in speed to each other too.
    The nexus in its stock form does not have these features. You can add them in, but now your looking at unlocking and changing the rom to something like aokp, cm10, sourcery, or any of the other fantastic roms available.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yeah that's what I was thinking and I don't care to much for touchwiz she likes it tho as far as roms go I was thinking of cm10 or paranoid android I've read that the nexus is pretty sweet and there's tons of mods/roms for it as well and the HD superamoled screen is a big plus bcuz the s2 screen isn't hd its nice but not hd. The phones on its way should be here tomorrow tho...

Yeah that's what I was thinking and I don't care to much for touchwiz she likes it tho as far as roms go I was thinking of cm10 or paranoid android I've read that the nexus is pretty sweet and there's tons of mods/roms for it as well and the HD superamoled screen is a big plus bcuz the s2 screen isn't hd its nice but not hd. The phones on its way should be here tomorrow tho...

Well then we welcome you to the Nexus secret society. You may have to lose your ring finger. :rolleyes:

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Lol I'm prepared... it came today tho been test driving it for a few hours now and I must say I really like the stock android feel mainly not having any bloatware all in all a pretty sweet phone can't wait to get paranoid on it...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Welcome lol I got mine last month and came from a s2 also I had a ns4g I never opened either I had to open up a second line and my girl has vzw so I gave my homie the ns4g. I've been enjoyin it ever sense

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy s2 or nexus-uploadfromtaptalk1356336982944.jpg  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy s2 or nexus-uploadfromtaptalk1356337027218.jpg  

Nexus...I personally think its a better phone having tried both. Also, if she ever wants to enjoy 4G LTE (if its in your area or at least coming soon) then she never can since the G2 only supports wimax which is dying fast. The nexus is more future proof.

Sent from my phone that's better than yours.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Thanks for all the input guys I went ahead and chose the nexus I really like it so far just wish I knew the best way to root it and can't find a download for paranoid anywhere either

Really? I found it right HERE Download, directions, ect... Just make sure you do the unlocking before you do anything else, even if you want to stick with stock. Reason is: unlocking erases EVERYTHING. But you only need to do it once

Thanks for all the input guys I went ahead and chose the nexus I really like it so far just wish I knew the best way to root it and can't find a download for paranoid anywhere either

[retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...

I went through all of this. If you want, I can tell you exactly how to easily root and get a stable build

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated I've never flashed custom roms I've rooted every phone I've ever had tho I've flashed stock roms but never ne thing custom so yeah if u wanna give step by steps that'd be awesome.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated I've never flashed custom roms I've rooted every phone I've ever had tho I've flashed stock roms but never ne thing custom so yeah if u wanna give step by steps that'd be awesome.

Are you messing with me? I gave you step by step instructions in your other thread. I think you are messing with me.

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Sorry no I'm not messing with u I just didn't check that post yet lol my bad

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Its super easy to flash ROMs on this phone ridiculously easy. And u can NEVER BRICK IT.

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Idk what happen my boot loader is unlocked and custom recovery installed but for some reason its not showing I have root access

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.1

Make you flash super user zip

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Idk what happened I unlocked the boot loader installed custom recovery but its telling me I'm not rooted idk why phones says its not but computer said it was

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Flash from where through recovery

Idk what happened I unlocked the boot loader installed custom recovery but its telling me I'm not rooted idk why phones says its not but computer said it was

Unlocking will only allow you to write to the system partition of the internal memory. Installing the custom recovery is where the magic happens. You need to boot into recovery, and install either "root" or a custom rom which will typically come pre-rooted. Your phone is saying it's not rooted, because it's unlocked, custom recovery, but not rooted yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast