1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock 4.0.4

Default When will the official 4.2 drop for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus?

When will the official 4.2 drop? The launch of the Nexus 4 was two months ago. Sprint is cooperating with AOSP. So what is the hold up? Any ideas?
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: When will the official 4.2 drop for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus?

Take your best guess that's all we can do right now. It's up to sprint when we get it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

I'd say since the updates come from sprint and not directly from google, you may be waiting a while.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Yesterday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Thanked by:

Plus or minus a few days.

Ctgova

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    I'd say since the updates come from sprint and not directly from google, you may be waiting a while.
    My understanding is that Google pushes the updates to the Nexus, not Sprint. Part of the reason we got Jelly Bean so quickly (September) compared to Verizon that seems to have just gotten it in the last week.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Acctualy Google sends the update to sprint so they can update the radios. An then sprint sends it to us

Quote Originally Posted by Omar19961 View Post
    Acctualy Google sends the update to sprint so they can update the radios. An then sprint sends it to us
    Well then. Google needs to hop to it!

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gnr_2 View Post
    Well then. Google needs to hop to it!

They should fix 4.2.1 first. It is VERRRRY buggy. Consider yourselves lucky.

I'm sure 4.2 has already been in Sprints hands for some time, but Sprint like an US carrier likes to do their own internal testing. I'm sure Sprint will drop it when they are ready or they could be waiting on Google to work out some bugs in 4.2

Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I got my nexus on new years (my birthday) and I updated that day, when I turned on the phone it already asked me to update from ICS to Jelly Bean

Every one should be on jb on the Nexus already but so far sprints are only updated to 4.1.1 I think

Sent from my paranoid galaxy Nexus on 4.2.1 which really has no reason to be paranoid unless he never quit smoking and has to see his P. O. LMAO

Sprint normally lags 4-6 months on their Nexus updates. I normally root until a new stock ROM is available, but I haven't yet because 4.2 is so minor. The only real issue I have with the 4.1 stock ROM is battery life.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by smcolbert View Post
    Sprint normally lags 4-6 months on their Nexus updates. I normally root until a new stock ROM is available, but I haven't yet because 4.2 is so minor. The only real issue I have with the 4.1 stock ROM is battery life.

this is the sprint samsung galaxy nexus 4.2.1 update.zip you will really like this upgrade
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

You know I'm off my game when I miss this becoming available...

It'll have to wait until tomorrow night unless I can figure out how I lost SU access...

Actually for the 4.1 update to the Galaxy Nexus Sprint did a great job. It was about two months. That's pretty impressive considering lots of phones haven't received 4.1 yet. I'd say expect it before the end of February with a possibility of as early as next week.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

It's out, just not being pushed yet.

here is the official file name for the update from google
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here
    Thanked by:

Anyone get hit with the OTA? It was either pulled, or I'm in the very last wave to get rolled out.

Anyone get hit with the OTA? It was either pulled, or I'm in the very last wave to get rolled out.

It takes 10-21 days to cycle too everyone. If you don't want to wait . you can always flash it using odin .
    here is the link with directions

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Sprint just started the OTA push on 1/30 to roll out over 21 days. A lot of people haven't gotten yet, including me.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Yeah, I'm not in a rush or I would have rooted in November. I used to work at sprint so I could monitor how quick people were getting updates, but I hadn't seen anyone post confirmation yet. Can anyone speak to if they improved the battery from the dropoff from 4.0 to 4.1?

Yeah, I'm not in a rush or I would have rooted in November. I used to work at sprint so I could monitor how quick people were getting updates, but I hadn't seen anyone post confirmation yet. Can anyone speak to if they improved the battery from the dropoff from 4.0 to 4.1?

Battery life has been better since GA02 was released.

I got 4.2 this AM but I'm trying not to install it. Is it possible to reject the upgrade and make it go away?

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

I got the 4.2 OTA this morning. So far so good. Photosphere works great, phone is still snappy, no obvious issues. Then again, I haven't had any of the other issues people have mentioned before the update either. I guess I got lucky.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2