When will the official 4.2 drop for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus?

Spruce1969

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
When will the official 4.2 drop? The launch of the Nexus 4 was two months ago. Sprint is cooperating with AOSP. So what is the hold up? Any ideas?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd say since the updates come from sprint and not directly from google, you may be waiting a while.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I'd say since the updates come from sprint and not directly from google, you may be waiting a while.

My understanding is that Google pushes the updates to the Nexus, not Sprint. Part of the reason we got Jelly Bean so quickly (September) compared to Verizon that seems to have just gotten it in the last week.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Omar19961

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Acctualy Google sends the update to sprint so they can update the radios. An then sprint sends it to us

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Acctualy Google sends the update to sprint so they can update the radios. An then sprint sends it to us

Well then. Google needs to hop to it!

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Well then. Google needs to hop to it!

They should fix 4.2.1 first. It is VERRRRY buggy. Consider yourselves lucky.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure 4.2 has already been in Sprints hands for some time, but Sprint like an US carrier likes to do their own internal testing. I'm sure Sprint will drop it when they are ready or they could be waiting on Google to work out some bugs in 4.2

chuza

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I got my nexus on new years (my birthday) and I updated that day, when I turned on the phone it already asked me to update from ICS to Jelly Bean

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Every one should be on jb on the Nexus already but so far sprints are only updated to 4.1.1 I think

Sent from my paranoid galaxy Nexus on 4.2.1 which really has no reason to be paranoid unless he never quit smoking and has to see his P. O. LMAO

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Sprint normally lags 4-6 months on their Nexus updates. I normally root until a new stock ROM is available, but I haven't yet because 4.2 is so minor. The only real issue I have with the 4.1 stock ROM is battery life.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
You know I'm off my game when I miss this becoming available...

It'll have to wait until tomorrow night unless I can figure out how I lost SU access...

arcoms

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Sprint normally lags 4-6 months on their Nexus updates. I normally root until a new stock ROM is available, but I haven't yet because 4.2 is so minor. The only real issue I have with the 4.1 stock ROM is battery life.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

Actually for the 4.1 update to the Galaxy Nexus Sprint did a great job. It was about two months. That's pretty impressive considering lots of phones haven't received 4.1 yet. I'd say expect it before the end of February with a possibility of as early as next week.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone get hit with the OTA? It was either pulled, or I'm in the very last wave to get rolled out.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01