Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: How To Manually Install Android 4.2.1 update.zip Using ADB Sideload

Quote Originally Posted by PATTY PERRY View Post
    hi,im new to this asking a question and all that,and im not very good at changing my cell phone,i would love to update it and show my husband a thing or 2,he thinks we have to buy another phone to get the 4 g hotspot,please tell me he is wrong? i soo want to root my phone,i think its called ,so that i cant download or update it,is that possible? if not ,,,very sad face ;(((i payed 289 dollars for 2 brand new marque androids from boost mobile,its 3 g,i also bought 2 sd cards 32 gs each,so the question is,can i root my android,with out killing it or myself? i love my cell phone and i dont want to have to spend more money,the reason why i want to root my cell is because i want to know if i do,(roor it) would i be able to get an update to 4 g and get a hot spot on it? please let me know,either way,thank you for your time

im so sorry if im asking this long question on the wrong post,like i said,im new to this android forums,please dont kill me with horrible comments? just saying ;\

thanks again patty
    Welcome too the forum Patty. You really need the LG Marquee forum they will be able too help you alot better and get you started. good luck
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

Why didn't this make the first page?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Why didn't this make the first page?
    What you mean rem_kujawa ?
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

Quote Originally Posted by prEvo View Post
    Mac OSX????
    Got it working using Mac OSX.

Pretty much the same procedure, get into recovery, select 'update from ADB'.

In a terminal, get to your /android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/ folder, then issue ./adb sideload c5ea6e959840.update_mysidspr_FH05_to_GA02.zip (give the zip is in the same folder as adb)
    tommyjoesanders likes this.

Unhappy Re: How To Manually Install Android 4.2.1 update.zip Using ADB Sideload

Hi there, first of all, THANK YOU very much for taking the time to both, post the guide and help us out via comments.

Then, I have fully followed the guide (via your link) and did everything (USB debug, unrooted, relocked, etc) and when I type the sideload command it starts sending it to the phone. Everything OK up to that point.

BUT when it tries installing it says installation aborted (it verified correctly) after saying "assert failed: apply_patch_check("EMC:/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/radio:10748160:57e and a bunch of numbers")

Ive tried multiple times with the same result (even after clearing its cache from recovery)

Any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How To Manually Install Android 4.2.1 update.zip Using ADB Sideload-img_20130119_162101.jpg  
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Quote Originally Posted by golososito View Post
    Hi there, first of all, THANK YOU very much for taking the time to both, post the guide and help us out via comments.

Then, I have fully followed the guide (via your link) and did everything (USB debug, unrooted, relocked, etc) and when I type the sideload command it starts sending it to the phone. Everything OK up to that point.

BUT when it tries installing it says installation aborted (it verified correctly) after saying "assert failed: apply_patch_check("EMC:/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/radio:10748160:57e and a bunch of numbers")

Ive tried multiple times with the same result (even after clearing its cache from recovery)

Any suggestions?
    What radio version are you currently one. also there is another method as well using ODIN
    Thanked by:

I am currently on FC12

Never heard of ODIN, but will give it a look. Do you know if it's too different from this?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

You have the wrong radio in your current setup. I can help with teamviewer for windows . It is a remote access . otherwise here is the link too what you need. Please keep in mind this will wipe your internal storage. So please save your pics and music too your pc first.
    [ODIN][TAR]SPH-L700 GAXX Stock Rom

If youu need any help I will help you
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Check Your PM
    Thanked by 2:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Check Your PM
    Thanked by:

Does this only apply to the nexus or could it be used on my photon q? I ask since all the methods to either flash roms or do anything once rooted require the boot loader to be unlocked which isn't possible with 2.3.5 so I'm stuck just being rooted and locked.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Quote Originally Posted by whymista View Post
    Does this only apply to the nexus or could it be used on my photon q? I ask since all the methods to either flash roms or do anything once rooted require the boot loader to be unlocked which isn't possible with 2.3.5 so I'm stuck just being rooted and locked.
    This is for Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus Only.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Look on the forum for your phone model. Sorry I couldn't help you no more than that

Yea I checked and didn't see anything.

Seems I'm out of luck
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Yea I checked and didn't see anything.

Seems I'm out of luck
    what are you trying too do exactly ? i might be able too help you ? Photon 4g or Photon 4g lte
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    Look on the forum for your phone model. Sorry I couldn't help you no more than that
    Read this webpage hope it helps you

If your Having Problems Updating Look Here - xda-developers
    Thanked by:

what are you trying too do exactly ? i might be able too help you ? Photon 4g or Photon 4g lte
    photon q 4g lte.

I'd like to be able to flash different roms or install JB if someone has found a way to keep root access since over on xda last I saw JB disabled root.
    I'll check the thread out. My problem is that the last update they pushed to us that updated to 2.3.5 made it impossible to unlock the bootloader.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

sorry thats all i could find out for you

Ahh I'll have to try that and see if it works. I had just rooted my phone earlier today so I'm still learning the ropes.

Thanks

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

You have the wrong radio in your current setup. I can help with teamviewer for windows . It is a remote access . otherwise here is the link too what you need. Please keep in mind this will wipe your internal storage. So please save your pics and music too your pc first.
    [ODIN][TAR]SPH-L700 GAXX Stock Rom

If youu need any help I will help you
    What radio is required? And can a different radio be flashed using this same method, without root?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

FH05 TO GA02 RADIO UPDATE

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

FH05 TO GA02 RADIO UPDATE

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Strange, I have the FC12 radios after I reflashed the stock ROM from Google directly. How do I get the correct radios for the 4.1.1 build?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean 4.2.1
    Previous Devices: HTC Evo Shift 4G & iPhone 3GS 16GB
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Quote Originally Posted by mij9895 View Post
    Strange, I have the FC12 radios after I reflashed the stock ROM from Google directly. How do I get the correct radios for the 4.1.1 build?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Check your PM
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Check your PM
    Here is a tool you might like
    [GNex TOOLKIT V10.1] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MORE [GSM] - xda-developers
    danielalfred likes this.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

I'm kinda surprised this isn't OTA yet. How long does it take to push the update out OTA after release?
    Ham!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast