Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: How To Manually Install Android 4.2.1 update.zip Using ADB Sideload

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    Check your PM
    Here is a tool you might like
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here
    danielalfred likes this.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

I'm kinda surprised this isn't OTA yet. How long does it take to push the update out OTA after release?
    Ham!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

once a official update is released and ready too start pushing it OTA. It takes about 10-21 days too get it sent too all users phone.
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

how do get to the android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/ folder

How do you get to your /android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/ folder
    Quote Originally Posted by todd.deland View Post
    Got it working using Mac OSX.

Pretty much the same procedure, get into recovery, select 'update from ADB'.

In a terminal, get to your /android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/ folder, then issue ./adb sideload c5ea6e959840.update_mysidspr_FH05_to_GA02.zip (give the zip is in the same folder as adb)

how do i root my galaxy y duos lite??

May I know if I will lose root after installing the 4.2.1?

ROM
    Stock

I did not even use a PC to complete this task. I simply downloaded the OTA zip file, installed clockworkmod app, used clockworkmod to flash the update. All with leaving my bootloader unlocked, and keeping root access once completed. Finally, being able to do this all without a PC is great! Love the little updates that came along with 4.2 on Sprint Galaxy Nexus!
    To Each His Own

LG G2 D800 Unlocked (AT&T)
    Rooted Android 4.2.2

HTC One 32GB Black (AT&T)
    - Full RUU Converted to Google Edition - [OTA's Work]
    - Android 4.3 Rooted - Unlocked -
    tommyjoesanders likes this.

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Question for anyone who has installed the 4.2 update - does it enable MAP support on the bluetooth radio? (to allow the paired device - car stereo - to read the SMS (or Email) messages out loud on the paired device?)

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalSammich View Post
    I did not even use a PC to complete this task. I simply downloaded the OTA zip file, installed clockworkmod app, used clockworkmod to flash the update. All with leaving my bootloader unlocked, and keeping root access once completed. Finally, being able to do this all without a PC is great! Love the little updates that came along with 4.2 on Sprint Galaxy Nexus!
    Did you need to do a data wipe going from OTA? That's the biggest thing I want to avoid.

I did it
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How To Manually Install Android 4.2.1 update.zip Using ADB Sideload-uploadfromtaptalk1359507740673.jpg  
    tommyjoesanders likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    Did you need to do a data wipe going from OTA? That's the biggest thing I want to avoid.
    Not sure of any 'need', but I did not perform any kind of data wipe. Using the link, from the phone, i downloaded the update zip. Opened up the free app 'Rom Manager', and used clockworkmod to point to directory of zip file. It then rebooted into necessary elements, began processing the update as if it was OTA from the get go. Right before it finished, it recognized i was unlocked, and rooted, and asked to save those settings. Then it booted up just fine with all the new 4.2 enhancements.

Worked great. Kept boot loader unlocked, and root intact.
    To Each His Own

LG G2 D800 Unlocked (AT&T)
    Rooted Android 4.2.2

HTC One 32GB Black (AT&T)
    - Full RUU Converted to Google Edition - [OTA's Work]
    - Android 4.3 Rooted - Unlocked -
    Thanked by:
    Bront 

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Same here just flashed the update zip with rom manager and everything worked perfect.

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

Has anyone been experiencing any problems? Like random reboots, system freezes, wake lock issues...etc. Have had all those so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

Quote Originally Posted by CaMelGuY1337 View Post
    Has anyone been experiencing any problems? Like random reboots, system freezes, wake lock issues...etc. Have had all those so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Factory Reset is your friend. It makes the phone run alot better

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This works on unrooted or no?

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

after verifying current software it says file aborted??

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

after verifying current system it says file aborted what do i do ive tried it like 7 times

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Been running this since yesterday afternoon and it's flawless. Only problem I had was with an app that just don't work on 4.2, as I know because it doesn't work on my Nexus 10 either.

Hi tommyjoesanders,
    I am stuck with the FC12 Radio, and I see you have helped a few other users here. Do you think you can point me in the right direction too? I have some basic knowledge of flashing, and tried to go back to stock using the Gnex toolkit, but I still get the same Radios. when I try to apply the update (OTA or forced) it fails because of the radios.

Help me obiwan kenobi, you are my only hope .... out of 4.1.1 lol
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

Quote Originally Posted by bigcuce View Post
    Hi tommyjoesanders,
    I am stuck with the FC12 Radio, and I see you have helped a few other users here. Do you think you can point me in the right direction too? I have some basic knowledge of flashing, and tried to go back to stock using the Gnex toolkit, but I still get the same Radios. when I try to apply the update (OTA or forced) it fails because of the radios.

Yes , your going to have problems until you flash the FH05 radios . thats why the update.zip will not accept . I would use ODIN too flash the GA02. this tool will flash the firmware and radios for it. If you will give a few mins I will send you private pm on how too do this.
    Thanked by:
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  

Quote Originally Posted by bigcuce View Post
    Hi tommyjoesanders,

Got you covered. check your pm . I gave you what you needed
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by heresy_fnord View Post
    I'm kinda surprised this isn't OTA yet. How long does it take to push the update out OTA after release?
    So... Looks like the OTA finally showed up about 3 weeks after the update.zip was released.
    Ham!
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

There should be another update coming mid march with 4.2.2

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    There should be another update coming mid march with 4.2.2
    Cool. I'm just thrilled to get updates in general. As long as I'm on Android, I will never again buy a retail phone. Either updates take like 2 years to show up (htc thunderbolt anyone?) or they never happen at all, even though the phone is hardware capable.
    Ham!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast