How To Manually Install Android 4.2.1 update.zip Using ADB Sideload

PATTY PERRY

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
hi,im new to this asking a question and all that,and im not very good at changing my cell phone,i would love to update it and show my husband a thing or 2,he thinks we have to buy another phone to get the 4 g hotspot,please tell me he is wrong? i soo want to root my phone,i think its called ,so that i cant download or update it,is that possible? if not ,,,very sad face ;(((i payed 289 dollars for 2 brand new marque androids from boost mobile,its 3 g,i also bought 2 sd cards 32 gs each,so the question is,can i root my android,with out killing it or myself? i love my cell phone and i dont want to have to spend more money,the reason why i want to root my cell is because i want to know if i do,(roor it) would i be able to get an update to 4 g and get a hot spot on it? please let me know,either way,thank you for your time

im so sorry if im asking this long question on the wrong post,like i said,im new to this android forums,please dont kill me with horrible comments? just saying ;\

thanks again patty

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
hi,im new to this asking a question and all that,and im not very good at changing my cell phone,i would love to update it and show my husband a thing or 2,he thinks we have to buy another phone to get the 4 g hotspot,please tell me he is wrong? i soo want to root my phone,i think its called ,so that i cant download or update it,is that possible? if not ,,,very sad face ;(((i payed 289 dollars for 2 brand new marque androids from boost mobile,its 3 g,i also bought 2 sd cards 32 gs each,so the question is,can i root my android,with out killing it or myself? i love my cell phone and i dont want to have to spend more money,the reason why i want to root my cell is because i want to know if i do,(roor it) would i be able to get an update to 4 g and get a hot spot on it? please let me know,either way,thank you for your time

im so sorry if im asking this long question on the wrong post,like i said,im new to this android forums,please dont kill me with horrible comments? just saying ;\

thanks again patty
Welcome too the forum Patty. You really need the LG Marquee forum they will be able too help you alot better and get you started. good luck

todd.deland

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Mac OSX????

Got it working using Mac OSX.

Pretty much the same procedure, get into recovery, select 'update from ADB'.

In a terminal, get to your /android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/ folder, then issue ./adb sideload c5ea6e959840.update_mysidspr_FH05_to_GA02.zip (give the zip is in the same folder as adb)

golososito

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, first of all, THANK YOU very much for taking the time to both, post the guide and help us out via comments.

Then, I have fully followed the guide (via your link) and did everything (USB debug, unrooted, relocked, etc) and when I type the sideload command it starts sending it to the phone. Everything OK up to that point.

BUT when it tries installing it says installation aborted (it verified correctly) after saying "assert failed: apply_patch_check("EMC:/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/radio:10748160:57e and a bunch of numbers")

I?ve tried multiple times with the same result (even after clearing its cache from recovery)

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20130119_162101.jpg
    IMG_20130119_162101.jpg
    700.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, first of all, THANK YOU very much for taking the time to both, post the guide and help us out via comments.

Then, I have fully followed the guide (via your link) and did everything (USB debug, unrooted, relocked, etc) and when I type the sideload command it starts sending it to the phone. Everything OK up to that point.

BUT when it tries installing it says installation aborted (it verified correctly) after saying "assert failed: apply_patch_check("EMC:/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/radio:10748160:57e and a bunch of numbers")

I?ve tried multiple times with the same result (even after clearing its cache from recovery)

Any suggestions?

What radio version are you currently one. also there is another method as well using ODIN

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
You have the wrong radio in your current setup. I can help with teamviewer for windows . It is a remote access . otherwise here is the link too what you need. Please keep in mind this will wipe your internal storage. So please save your pics and music too your pc first.
[ODIN][TAR]SPH-L700 GAXX Stock Rom

If youu need any help I will help you

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Does this only apply to the nexus or could it be used on my photon q? I ask since all the methods to either flash roms or do anything once rooted require the boot loader to be unlocked which isn't possible with 2.3.5 so I'm stuck just being rooted and locked.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Does this only apply to the nexus or could it be used on my photon q? I ask since all the methods to either flash roms or do anything once rooted require the boot loader to be unlocked which isn't possible with 2.3.5 so I'm stuck just being rooted and locked.
This is for Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus Only.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Look on the forum for your phone model. Sorry I couldn't help you no more than that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac